• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria does not play my GPO or Instant

Share/Bookmark

Aria does not play my GPO or Instant

I have both the GPO and Instand orchestras but tend to not use them because they don't work well. I can't seem to play more than 4 sounds at a time. Sometimes when I play the notes ( either on my keyboard or with the mouse) no sounds occur. Too frustrating to use. I have the settings to the max - 32 voices - 1.25 gig memory etc. I use an iMac - 6 gig memory - latest OS, Digital Performer - latest software - . Got any ideas what the problems are?

Re: Aria does not play my GPO or Instant

What sound card are you using? Do you use other sample library plugins?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    What sound card are you using? Do you use other sample library plugins?Jim
    It is an iMac computer with the sound chip built into the Intel chip. I have many other virtual instruments - IK Multimedia, MOTU, Stylus RMX and others. No problem with them.

Toby, in DP, go to Setup/Configure Audio System/Configure Hardware Driver then make sure the Buffer size is no lower than 512,
    the higher the number the more latency, but more reliable sound.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by TobyTune View Post
    I have both the GPO and Instand orchestras but tend to not use them because they don't work well. I can't seem to play more than 4 sounds at a time. Sometimes when I play the notes ( either on my keyboard or with the mouse) no sounds occur....
    Sounds to me like you're not using any CC1 or CC11 volume control. Without either one of those MIDI controllers being used, you'll hear near-silence, or complete silence.

We want you to straighten the issue(s) out, because we know both GPO and IO should work marvelously on your system.

Randy

Go Back to forum