• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Art Vista Malmsjö v.2.0 Update Available

Share/Bookmark

Art Vista Malmsjö v.2.0 Update Available

The 2.0 update for Malmsjö Acoustic Grand is now available for download from Art Vista:
    http://www.artvista.net/

The v.2.0 update includes three new patches and accompanying new samples. There is also included nki-files for true Kontakt compatibility. The new patches were actually designed in Kontakt and then transferred to GigaStudio.

The downloadable update comes in a compressed RAR-archive of 26.6Mb.

A non-western version for Japan and other countries will be available shortly.

The new patches are:

Malmsjö Dream Grand - The three softest velocities brought up in level for a \"micro-cosmos\" perspective of the piano.

Malmsjö Midnight Grand - The piano for inspired song-writing after midnight, when you don\'t want to wake up the house.

Malmsjö Mozart Grand - Same as MAG X, except the response is shifted towards the mf-layer.

Hans Adamson
    Art Vista Productions

Re: Art Vista Malmsjö v.2.0 Update Available

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hans Adamson:

What exactly does this mean? Are there different versions of this library in circulation? I bought my copy in Japan, so do I need to wait for the \"non-western\" version of the update? What\'s the difference?

Originally posted by Hans Adamson:
    The 2.0 update for Malmsjö Acoustic Grand is now available for download from Art Vista:

The v.2.0 update includes three new patches and accompanying new samples. There is also included nki-files for true Kontakt compatibility. The new patches were actually designed in Kontakt and then transferred to GigaStudio.

The downloadable update comes in a compressed RAR-archive of 26.6Mb.

The new patches are:

Malmsjö Dream Grand - The three softest velocities brought up in level for a \"micro-cosmos\" perspective of the piano.

Malmsjö Midnight Grand - The piano for inspired song-writing after midnight, when you don\'t want to wake up the house.

Malmsjö Mozart Grand - Same as MAG X, except the response is shifted towards the mf-layer.

Hans Adamson
    Art Vista Productions
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Does the 1.6 update have to be applied first?

-Shawn

\"Nevermind\" - cool! Found it

Hans ,BTW..the Mozart grand is becoming my new favorite Piano and anyone who uses Piano in there film stuff should checkout the Malmsjo.Lots of character and its resonably priced .You`ll get alot of milage out of this one...Rich Pell

David,

Non-western versions of Windows98 (and XP?) locks up if it encounters the letter \"ö\". Therefore, the non-western version of MAG substitutes the letter \"ö\" with an \"o\" in the instrument title, patch name, help-files, etc.

Hans

Thanks Rich,

Shawn,

The update from 1.5 to 1.6 was smaller, with only a few replaced samples. When checking, I was able to apply the 2.0 .art-file directly to 1.6 without first replacing the samples (47), so I guess you could just apply the 2.0 art-file directly to v.1.5 as well.

The previous 1.6 update became a little bit complicated because the FrontPage extensions on my server wouldn\'t allow the character \"#\", they also added an additional file extension \".wav\" to the existing \".dxl\".

I have started to use WinRAR now, so those issues are not a problem in the 2.0 update. I may go back and put the 1.6 update in a small compressed archive as well.

Hans

Originally posted by Hans Adamson:
    David,

Non-western versions of Windows98 (and XP?) locks up if it encounters the letter \"ö\". Therefore, the non-western version of MAG substitutes the letter \"ö\" with an \"o\" in the instrument title, patch name, help-files, etc.

Hans
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the clarification. I am very grateful that you have paid attention to such apparently small problems. I use Japanese Windows98, and I have encountered similar problems with other sound libraries (especially file names containing apostrophes \'). In such cases I have had to devise my own work around to overcome the problem. I eagerly await the non-western update!

Why isn\'t the Malmsjö library available at Bestservice?

I am a Mac and Logic user. Any chance of EXS24 versions? I would buy in a heartbeat.

I have already bought several softsamplers now and don\'t want to buy Kontakt too. Plus, it\'s not out for OS X and in AU format yet and who knows when it will be.

Go Back to forum