• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL Performance Question

Share/Bookmark

VSL Performance Question

This is a pretty basic question. How do you get your sequencer (Logic in my case) to coexist with the VSL performance tool? I\'m assuming that recorded midi data starts at the sequencer and passes through the utility, then to gigastudio. The problem is that the VSL tool only recognizes my physical midi controllers as inputs (not my sequencer). Do I need some kind of virtual midi driver, like Hubis\' loopback?

Thanks!
    -Matt

Re: VSL Performance Question

Yes, Midi over Lan would allow you to create the virtual midi ports which you\'d need. Dunno if there are any freebie programs out there which do the job as good.

Thanks Sov. I didn\'t know Midioverlan could do that.

-Matt

Hi Matt
    Take a look at
    Mable midi tool
    I don\'t use it myself, cause I\'m running Giga on a separate machine, but a lot of people at the VSL forum seems to be using it with great succes
    ...and its freeware - thanks to Jeff Hurchella

Originally posted by Anders00:
    This is a pretty basic question. How do you get your sequencer (Logic in my case) to coexist with the VSL performance tool? I\'m assuming that recorded midi data starts at the sequencer and passes through the utility, then to gigastudio. The problem is that the VSL tool only recognizes my physical midi controllers as inputs (not my sequencer). Do I need some kind of virtual midi driver, like Hubis\' loopback?

Thanks!
    -Matt
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">On the Mac, Logic 6.1.1 has features that enable the Performance tool to work with it. You should really consider posting this question on the VSL forum where there are more expect people who can give you a specific answer.

Go Back to forum