• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help!

Why would gigastudio, when shut down make the computer automatically reboot?

Re: Help!

Houston, you have a problem. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

If it didn\'t happen before, I would suggest going backwards and find out what has been added/installed/updated on your system. And then perhaps removing/uninstallling any recent software and see if it still happens. Sorry I can\'t be of more help.

Hi Bud, I\'m not sure which it is, but I had the exact same thing happen to me when I just built my newest system.... Turned out to be one of my new sticks of RAM was bad. After much trouble shooting and removing it there are no more errors. My friend also had a similar experience when his motherboard overheated. Could be a CPU fan that went out and is letting things heat up?
    Hope that helps- Good luck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

South Ken, London

Yeah, I had that probvlem some time ago and it turned out to be the fan. Worth having a poke around.

If you use XP then you must make sure that XP is not set to automatically reboot if there is a system failure.. XP is set to reboot automatically by default..

is 100% correct..foloow those directions..thanks for saving me the time to respond..simple remedy..

Alan Russell

All fixed. Just some corrupted files. =)

Go Back to forum