• Register
  • Help

Topic: Harps for Giga?

Share/Bookmark

Harps for Giga?

Are there any free harps out there for Giga that has single plucks? I got the last free harp on here and see it\'s glisses, not single plucks. I absolutely adore Gigaharp by Garritan, but that\'s more of a luxury than a necessity for that price (but it\'s gorgeous!) and my budget is now gone.

Any suggestions of something I missed out there?

Devon

Re: Harps for Giga?

Devon about 3 weeks ago I posted a similar post. I\'ll just give you the low down on what I learned, but you could probably search to find the thread if you want to read it.

1) The best harps are apparently Giga Harp and VSL, although to get VSL you have to drop enough for the whole collection that houses the harp (i think it\'s the string set)

2) Apparently the Xample harp is really good. Available at Sounds Online. It was $130 for the CD Rom which was the harp and I think English horn and Oboe... I think if I recall it was Xample 6. But it\'s only plucks, no glisses.

3) EWQLSO has a new harp... but if you can\'t afford Giga you likely can\'t afford their string set either to get that harp.

4) AO has an okay harp. It\'s on the Harp/Percussion CD. This is the one I\'ve been using. It\'s left me wanting something more though. But if you have AO, you could always get by with this one.

5) According to Gary\'s site, I think he\'s about to release a new Harp collection called Heavenly harps. I\'m very optimistic this will be a great harp.

I decided to wait. I\'ve made it this far with AO and I\'m going to save my $$$ until the harp I really want I can also really afford. That\'s what I learned 3 weeks ago... hope it helped.

J-

Thanks Sam. I can get the Garritan Harp for $1 cheaper than the XSample library through MTLC.net though, and the other instruments I wouldn\'t use. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Guess I just have to save up for one of the big libraries instead.

Devon

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    Xsample harp is great.. it\'s on volume 8.

http://www.samhulick.com/xsampleharp.mp3

Gary is coming out with a NEW harp library?! Where do you see this? Anything Gary releases from this day forward will be groundbreaking.. if what you say is true, keep an eye on it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gary himself stated this in a thread a few months ago in a dicsussion about ambient/close harps.

Dang, I was hoping SOMETHING was out there. Might have to resort to using the Roland JV-2080 harp sound. Thanks for the response. I\'m more looking at it for accents, not the up front performer.

Devon

Xsample harp is great.. it\'s on volume 8.

http://www.samhulick.com/xsampleharp.mp3

Gary is coming out with a NEW harp library?! Where do you see this? Anything Gary releases from this day forward will be groundbreaking.. if what you say is true, keep an eye on it.

Go Back to forum