• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: ARIA 1.5 for windows is posted....but....

Share/Bookmark

ARIA 1.5 for windows is posted....but....

Is it safe to install 1.5 or is it better to wait for a product update that includes it?

Re: ARIA 1.5 for windows is posted....but....

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    Is it safe to install 1.5 or is it better to wait for a product update that includes it?
    Hey, nice! I didn't know the download was available yet - But sure enough, there it is:

ARIA 1.5 update download

No reason to wait! Most of the Garritan Libraries haven't been adapted to ARIA's new tools, but they all work just fine in 1.5 - GPO, CoMB, JABB and IO. Later on there will be graphics added so you can always easily see which Library each instrument in your loaded ARIA came from.

So, as that implies, you won't be getting new functionality in those Libraries - WITH the major exception of:

CONVOLUTION REVERB! - There's a great collection of Impulse Responses in ARIA 1.5, and now on the Effects tab, you have the familiar Ambience PLUS this new convo to choose from.

--That alone makes it worth it to upgrade your player now.

Randy

Well now how about that. The other feature that is really kind of nice is that it automatically imported my Dimension Pro SFZ files and made them a Bank in Aria. That is two reasons to upgrade.

Well now how about that. The other feature that is really kind of nice is that it automatically imported my Dimension Pro SFZ files and made them a Bank in Aria. That is two reasons to upgrade.
    So I see you went for it - Great!

ARIA's always been able to import SFZ files though. I've relied on that when I've put together and posted my SFZ instruments like The Autoharp and The Kitchen Sink. I knew I could share those here with ARIA users.

Helpful new feature in that department though is that now in 1.5 you can open up the imported instrument's SFZ file directly from ARIA to do editing if you want.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    So I see you went for it - Great!

ARIA's always been able to import SFZ files though. I've relied on that when I've put together and posted my SFZ instruments like The Autoharp and The Kitchen Sink. I knew I could share those here with ARIA users.

Helpful new feature in that department though is that now in 1.5 you can open up the imported instrument's SFZ file directly from ARIA to do editing if you want.

Randy
    True, but in this release, it prompted me "Do you want to import 3rd party?" I said yes, and now I have a Dimension Pro bank with ALL of my SFZ banks from DimPro from the Aria menu. Nice feature.

...it prompted me "Do you want to import 3rd party?" I said yes, and now I have a Dimension Pro bank with ALL of my SFZ banks from DimPro from the Aria menu...
    Hey now, really?! Yes, I remember the "Do you want..." message, but I thought it was just some step of making sure I knew SFZ files were available. After clicking yes, I didn't get any kind of automatic importing of all my SFZ instruments--and I have quite a few. Hmmm.-- That didn't happen for me.

So you mean the entire menu as you see it in Dim Pro is now in a cascading menu there in ARIA--?

By the way - one drawback to importing Dim Pro SFZ files is that it can only deal with the MultiSamples, not the proprietary .prog Dim Pro files which have more sophisticated programming. That's why even though we've been able to use Dim Pro in ARIA for quite awhile, I still just load it on its own when I want to use it, so I can use the Program files.

Randy

I clicked on the link in Randy's reply: and it sent me to Finale's site where I need to login to check for updates.

I question if this update is something I should do. I have a 64 bit OS and am running Sonar in 64 bit. Will it work or do I need to run in x86 mode ARIA for things to work?

I went to the ARIAEngine.com site and there is no mention of the update. As a matter of fact, the site seems to have its last update in Novermber 2010. Do I take this to mean everything from the Garritan Corp. will be available only from Make Music?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I clicked on the link in Randy's reply: and it sent me to Finale's site where I need to login to check for updates.
    That's right - The Finale site is where all Garritan business is conducted now. And of course you need to login to get an update.
    I question if this update is something I should do. I have a 64 bit OS and am running Sonar in 64 bit. Will it work or do I need to run in x86 mode ARIA for things to work?
    No need to question that, Rich. I have a 64 machine also, and run both Sonar 32 and Sonar 64 bit - They each have their own ARIA .dll files. Both of the .dlls are part of the update.
    I went to the ARIAEngine.com site and there is no mention of the update. As a matter of fact, the site seems to have its last update in Novermber 2010. Do I take this to mean everything from the Garritan Corp. will be available only from Make Music?
    ---Yes, Rich - Garritan is owned by MakeMusic now. There's still the Garritan site, and when you click on the store to buy or update something, it takes you to the MM/Finale site.

You should get the update. You'll have the free-new Convolution Reverb, and be up to date. It's what I've had for awhile as a Beta team member, and it's great. Everything's working fine.

In other words - jump in, the water's fine!

Randy

Well, trying to download this, but the CDN that's hosting the file is misbehaving. It sends me between 1 to 1.5MB (at a zippy download rate at that) of the file, and then stops.

Edit: Welp, routed through a proxy instead, and downloaded without a hitch. Yay CDN's *grumbles*
    -- Matt Wong

The posted link didnt take me to ARIA...it took me to a MakeMusic page that only listed Finale, ScoreWriter, Notepad, etc...when I logged in, I could then go to download GPO and JABB, but not ARIA...

what am I doing wrong?
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Go Back to forum