• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with Patch Editor Wizard

Share/Bookmark

Help with Patch Editor Wizard

Hi folks, Im currently using the Wizard (in the GS Patch Editor) to map out some drum samples.

Here\'s I\'m doing:

1. I add about 5 samples to my Wave Pool.

2. Then I open the Wizard, name it Drums, click next, then select Ignore Unity and then finish.

Here\'s the problem, for some odd reason my 5 wave samples don\'t get mapped out, I have to manually drag & drop each one. Also I have to manually turn off Pitch Tracking.

Can anyone help me out and tell me what I\'m doing wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Help with Patch Editor Wizard

Anyone out there that can help me out?

Hey Alec...

I have been pulling my hair out as well with the same issue, mainly due to my lack of experience with and knowledge of GigaStudio and samplers in general.

I got a great tip off of this site that may be useful to you as well. The tip was as follows:

Open up a working .gig file of a drum kit, and replace the samples with the ones you want to use...like a better snare, kick, etc. Then do a \"save as\" and call it what you\'d like.

This is what I will do from now on, rather than struggling to learn how to do it from the ground up. Why not take a \"template\", if you will, and fill it in with the samples you like!

Hope this helps.

Ok Hollywood, I figured out the problem!

When you go into the wizard, the last screen you should click & select the 0-127 field. If you don\'t the samples don\'t get mapped out. When I selected 0-127 it worked for me!

Alec

Go Back to forum