• Register
  • Help

Topic: problem in recording in aria 1.11

Share/Bookmark

problem in recording in aria 1.11

hi

i just bought garritan world instruments package and was thrilled to see it get installed. but it did not last for long
    i encountered the following things :

1. serial number was never asked during the whole installation process of aria 1.11
    2. the record option doesnt seem to work...i tried so many times... i felt that the user manual does not describe in detail the recording process. i dont know how to record in aria 1.11
    3. the most annoying thing which i encountered is that when i try to play from my new M AUDIO key studio (key board)
    in aria... the same instrument repeats and if i choose a new instrument, it does not detect...the key board still plays the previous instrument. it plays only one instrument in a set. if i change the set, then one change happens, and again the same problem persists.

i hope i can get through this... please help me find a way coz i have been wanting to work with garritan world instruments and aria since a while...

Re: problem in recording in aria 1.11

There's no serial to activate, instead you drag and drop the image file to activate a library.

The version of aria is an old one, you can go to finale's website and download the update. It's 1.5 now

http://www.finalemusic.com/Downloads/Default.aspx

The record option - well I never used it, as aria is best used as a vst plug in for either Finale notation, or for any sequencer DAW. So perhaps someone else can advise there.

Point 3 - this is simply your MIDI keyboard is going to send data and receive on channel 1. When you load an ensemble only the first instrument is going to be channel one.

If you wanted to play different instruments, keep replacing the one in channel 1. And/or set multiple instruments to channel one.

Note that the channel is not the slots numbered one to 16. The channel is the last small number in the list of Tune, 0 Def 1/2 01
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Well, Superdigger - Plowking has given you good feedback. Here's a bit more:

--You're trying to do more with what's called the "stand alone" version of ARIA than it's made for. Like Plowking, I've never used the stand alone as more than a quick way to audition an instrument, or to get access to a piano or something for just kicking back and playing.

--The main use of ARIA is as a plug-in for recording programs like Sonar, Cubase, Digital Performer. When used in software like that, ARIA and your copy of World will do everything you want. You'll be able to play 16 instruments per instance of ARIA, you can record, edit - you can do it all.

So, obviously my main advice is that you get an entry level recording program. There are many good ones available for under $100.

In the manual that comes with ARIA, there's a section about what can be done with the stand alone, pages 36 through 40.

Of primary interest, as per your questions, you don't record MIDI in the stand alone. You can import a MIDI file and then render it to audio. So this is the main thing you weren't understanding - You can't play your keyboard and record a MIDI track.

And, as Plowking said, in stand alone you can only hear one instrument at a time. And there's only one stereo audio port available - the one your interface/sound card has. But once you use ARIA in a recording program, that host will provide 16 stereo outs for each one of the ARIAs you insert in a project.

I'm rather sure you thought that all you would need is ARIA - You really need to start looking around for an affordable music program you like.

And come back when you have more questions. We always try to help!

Randy

thank you for your quick reply,

i understand that there is no need for the serial number.

i tried to go to the link u had given to the latest version of the aria player...but there is no listing of aria or garritan there... there are onle a few other softwares to choose from. please check on that.

i tried doing exactly what u told regarding channels... but its not working...

please be patient and help me pal

There's no serial to activate, instead you drag and drop the image file to activate a library.

The version of aria is an old one, you can go to finale's website and download the update. It's 1.5 now

http://www.finalemusic.com/Downloads/Default.aspx

The record option - well I never used it, as aria is best used as a vst plug in for either Finale notation, or for any sequencer DAW. So perhaps someone else can advise there.

Point 3 - this is simply your MIDI keyboard is going to send data and receive on channel 1. When you load an ensemble only the first instrument is going to be channel one.

If you wanted to play different instruments, keep replacing the one in channel 1. And/or set multiple instruments to channel one.

Note that the channel is not the slots numbered one to 16. The channel is the last small number in the list of Tune, 0 Def 1/2 01[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by superdigger View Post
    ...i tried to go to the link u had given to the latest version of the aria player...but there is no listing of aria or garritan there... there are onle a few other softwares to choose from. please check on that...
    That link is to a page at the MakeMusic site, the makers of Finale notation software. That's the parent company for Garritan. You need to register your copy of World there to have an account, then the download page will work for you.

Once you've done all that, click the Search button on that page, and the download link for ARIA 1.5 will appear.

--- And, as I said earlier, to do the things you want to do, you must get a recording program.

Randy

hey sorry i dint see ur last post.

now i get it completely.

i am using a online daw called ohm studio...its still in beta... i think u have heard about it.
    when i record through aria and load it in ohm... i can see thw wave form in the corresponding rack. but thereis no volume...

can u help me figure out why?

Quote Originally Posted by superdigger View Post
    hey sorry i dint see ur last post.

now i get it completely.

i am using a online daw called ohm studio...its still in beta... i think u have heard about it.
    when i record through aria and load it in ohm... i can see thw wave form in the corresponding rack. but thereis no volume...

can u help me figure out why?
    I've never used Ohm, have no idea how it works -something like other DAW software I suppose.-- When using a program, you're recording in It, not in ARIA. ARIA is just holding the samples for you, and the program passes on MIDI to trigger the notes etc.

You can't see a waveform in a MIDI track - that's only in audio. What you should see is note and controller data. If you can't hear anything, you may not have any MIDI Controller 1 in the project -that controls the volume of Garritan instruments. WIthout it, there's silence.

I think you have several manuals to start cracking open--

Randy

Go Back to forum