• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: MyStrings: New Demos

Share/Bookmark

MyStrings: New Demos

Since I last posted, I have added a couple of new demos (Demo 2 and Demo 3) to the MyStrings page.

Demo 2 uses pizz and marcato samples which are part of the MyStrings \"Instant Orchestra\" package, available as a free download to MyViolins owners.

Demo 3 uses MyViolins and layers the celli and bass samples of MyStrings with those of my larger library, plus brass, harp and woodwinds.

I\'d appreciate your comments. MyStringsHomepage

Re: MyStrings: New Demos

I thought the strings sounded a tad buried on demo 2 but lovely on demo 3. Nice score as well.
    I love the sound at the 2:53 mark.

All the Best
    Francis

Roger,

I love your demo #3. Very nice work.

The strings sound great.

-- Martin

Hey Roger,
    nice demos. As I am currently full up on string libs so it\'s not the highest priority but I\'ll be sure to give a good mention to people who are just starting to build a library. There are more and more of them out there and at your price, who could resist!

good luck

christianb

ps
    it would be great to see an articulation list as it sounds as if there is more than just legato in there.

Roger,

I had a type O in my reply.

I meant to say that the strings seemed blurry not buried. (Demo #2) Sorry about that.

Thank you for your comments. I took Frank\'s advice and remixed Demo 2, and added pizz and marcato samples, which I will make available, with other choice string samples in the MyStrings \"Instant Orchestra\" package, as a free download to MyStrings owners.

So, here\'s the articulation list:

Arco Legato Strings - (CD-ROM) Violin, Cello and Bass samples, with viola coming, in medium and faster attacks

(Download from midistrings.com for purchasers)
    Pizzicato Violins
    Pizzicato Violas
    Pizzicato Cello
    Pizzicato Basses
    Marcato Strings
    Tremolo Strings
    Solo Violin
    Solo Cello
    The solo instruments are especially useful for doubling with section strings.

There will be an upgrade fee, for MyString users, of $20 when a new instrument is added, as I did for owners of the previous edition of MyStrings.

Originally posted by Stringman:
    Thank you for your comments. I took Frank\'s advice and remixed Demo 2, and added pizz and marcato samples, which I will make available, with other choice string samples in the MyStrings \"Instant Orchestra\" package, as a free download to MyStrings owners.

So, here\'s the articulation list:

Arco Legato Strings - (CD-ROM) Violin, Cello and Bass samples, with viola coming, in medium and faster attacks

(Download from midistrings.com for purchasers)
    Pizzicato Violins
    Pizzicato Violas
    Pizzicato Cello
    Pizzicato Basses
    Marcato Strings
    Tremolo Strings
    Solo Violin
    Solo Cello
    The solo instruments are especially useful for doubling with section strings.

There will be an upgrade fee, for MyString users, of $20 when a new instrument is added, as I did for owners of the previous edition of MyStrings.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Anybody know what happened with this website? I\'ve been thinking about purchasing these strings for a while, but when I go to www.midistrings.com, my browser says the website can\'t be found.

-Shawn

Your site \"cannot be found\".

same here [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I also want to get these darn strings

Go Back to forum