• Register
  • Help

Topic: This is TRUE love, or how I loaded in Sam Horns and Bones

Share/Bookmark

This is TRUE love, or how I loaded in Sam Horns and Bones

Finally picked up Sam Horns and Trombones and loaded them in last nite. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Incredible! Nice to fall in love with a library INSTANTLY by just hitting a key on the keyboard for once. Now I can\'t wait for Sam Trumpets! This coupled with Dan Dean Solo Brass has me SOOO happy!

Only problem I have is how LONG it takes to load the Bones in! Like upwards of 5 minutes! But it\'s worth the wait at least! Certainly a worthy purchase.

Devon

Re: This is TRUE love, or how I loaded in Sam Horns and Bones

Wow Devon. You\'re making the SAM team blush! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Great to hear you\'re enjoying our libraries.

About the loading time. Are you loading the whole GIG in one piece or just the programs you need? Do the latter. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Also, Giga under Windows 98 by default loads much faster than Windows XP.

Best,

Maarten Spruijt

Allow me to share your enthusiasm, Devon. I also picked up the Bones recently (I already own the Horns), and found them so musical, I used them on some TV cues immediately! Thanks SAM! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hi Devon, the very first time I loaded in Sam Bones it took an eternity... Even for a simple stacc patch or something. After that, the patches have NEVER taken as long.

Does anyone know if Giga caches the files or something? Has some way of optimising loading times or something?

Oh, I\'d like to second my love of these lib\'s, congratulations go out to Maarten et al.

Regards, Scott.

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    Wow Devon. You\'re making the SAM team blush! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Great to hear you\'re enjoying our libraries.

About the loading time. Are you loading the whole GIG in one piece or just the programs you need? Do the latter. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Also, Giga under Windows 98 by default loads much faster than Windows XP.

Best,

Maarten Spruijt
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] This was the Bones Sust patch, not the whole thing. The whole thing \'seemed\' to be taking just as long. The FX patches load almost immediately. It just takes FOREVER, and I got a 1.7ghz 768meg 7200rpm ATA100 drive machine running XP. Guess I\'ll be stepping back on the OS then. Been meaning to do that, but I love XP so much!

Also, I noticed 2 banks are duplicated on the Horns Solo disc from the Horn Ensemble disc. Which one\'s should I use?

Devon

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Hi Devon, the very first time I loaded in Sam Bones it took an eternity... Even for a simple stacc patch or something. After that, the patches have NEVER taken as long.

Does anyone know if Giga caches the files or something? Has some way of optimising loading times or something?

Oh, I\'d like to second my love of these lib\'s, congratulations go out to Maarten et al.

Regards, Scott.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Scott,

That is WEIRD. I worked with the library again last nite, and the load problems were gone for loading in a single patch. It take like 5-10 seconds instead of 5 minutes. Giga drives me nuts some times...

Devon

Go Back to forum