• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Two pieces after Seamus Heaney

Share/Bookmark

Two pieces after Seamus Heaney

Sirs,
    here are two efforts in the wind ensemble series. They are the ideal complement to my Septet op. 1, as they can fill a concert program partially sharing the same instrumentation (Bassoon and Flute, Flute solo).
    Both refers to the work of Irish Nobel Laureate Seamus Heaney as a critic prose writer and his hermeneutic of poetry as dialectically related to Ariel and Prospero.

"Redress", for Bassoon and Flute is avaliable at

https://www.box.com/s/1f5074851b31f694f2e3

"The government of the tongue", for solo Fute -- or Oboe -- can be heard at

https://www.box.com/s/1cbcf716d332d4087126

Comments are welcome
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: Two pieces after Seamus Heaney

Wonderful diversions, both, Fabio!

Redress, in fact -- that's sort of an episodic micro-suite of itself, with a good deal of substance to it.

And Government... it does have a certain looking-askance languidness worthy of Seamus Heaney.

Being Irish, I especially appreciate the reference, of course.

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you Randy for listening. Mmh.. haunting and whimsy, liked it!

And thank you David, having The Maestro enjoying my music was far beyond my best expectations.
    What a thrill having reached the reference to such a pair of Irish ears!
    Hope to hear soon a new inspiring symphony of yours. More than one will be appreciate as well.
    Fabio

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Sirs, here are two efforts in the wind ensemble series.
    (((((((psssst....hey...fabio? do either of these use Garritan instruments? if so, then even though I haven't used the Garritan winds much, I must be doing something wrong because these pieces sound so much more true to life and 'true to instruments' than i would be able to pull off right now. and the music itself....fantastic, i loved both...so evocative and exciting!))))))

Wonderful Fabio!!!!!!!
    Such lovely and clean writing for these instruments and a very warm tone to your render! Has a very "fresh" sound and a mood of refinement and clarity that I find imparts those same sensations to me, the listener. In other words, this music does what Art is supposed to do; uplift the audience and let them sit at the table with you for a while. Thank you for that.
    Very good, indeed!!

sd cisco

Thank you sdcisco and Mabry.
    First, I apologize for the delayed answer to your comments, but I was shocked at having two Grand Forum Members enjoying my music.

@Mabry
    ((((Pssst... can you hear me?... Yes... the winds are all Garritan and I'm surprised too of the expression I blew into it... since the program I work with has very limited control over midi paraphernalia... just note velocity... a little modulation via open-close-then-open-again-hairpin chains and mean event randomization... Ambience is built around a PSP Easyverb - instrument bus - and IK Multimedia Classic Hall Reverb - master, customized dark piano hall program... and a touch of compression on the bassoon channel...))))
    Fabio

Gentlemen,
    to celebrate the 2012 Listening Room Summer Festival the oboe version of The Government of the Tongue is now available in sight and sound on YouTube at

http://youtu.be/bmYfVTBTb7s

Comments are welcome.

Best regards.
    Fabio

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Gentlemen,
    to celebrate the 2012 Listening Room Summer Festival the oboe version of The Government of the Tongue is now available in sight and sound on YouTube at

http://youtu.be/bmYfVTBTb7s

Comments are welcome.

Best regards.
    An extra bonus on this thread! That's a nice surprise, Fabio. The Oboe sounds really nice playing this piece, and the camera movement on the sculpture makes an elegant visual to accompany it - really good choice for the YouTube posting.

I find the quality and amount of reverb just perfect on this. There's air around the instrument without the ambience competing with the sound. Lovely.

This is the first music I've heard this morning. I couldn't have hoped for anything nicer. Thank you, Fabio.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I find the quality and amount of reverb just perfect on this. There's air around the instrument without the ambience competing with the sound. Lovely.

This is the first music I've heard this morning. I couldn't have hoped for anything nicer. Thank you, Fabio.

Randy
    Thank you Randy.
    I'm glad of having made you started your day nicely. Never thought of being able to ().
    About the reverb. IK's CSR Hall is a wonderful while a hard beast to tame, it has nearly 16 billion parameters to look at, but when you start to randomly tweak them you can end with a wonderful ambience.
    Don't ask me how I made it. Simply, if someone also uses CSR I can send him my customized program.
    I also use a cheaper one called PSP EasyVerb that has very nice plates and a distance-from-the-source pot that makes it sound lovely. Hard to stay away from.
    Fabio

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast