• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sacred Scenes for Scoring: Where to find it?

Share/Bookmark

Sacred Scenes for Scoring: Where to find it?

Hello,
    With my GigaStudio version, a gig sample called Sacred Scenes for Scoring (or a similar name, I\'m away from my music computer now) was added in the samples installed with GS.
    I like very much this sample, and I\'d like to find more abouut this CD. But where? It is NOT mentioned @ nemesys website, and in no other Sample CD manufacturer websites i visited.
    Any informatuion would be appreciated.

Regards,
    jam

Re: Sacred Scenes for Scoring: Where to find it?

Never heard of it, is it some type of orchestra loop samples?

Cheers

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

It\'s just a few licensed loops of material, which were from the original GigaSampler release. There is no accompanying library, it was just bundled stuff. When Giga first appeared, there were no Giga libraries at all, except the GigaPiano, Suzean Van Buskirk\'s Rickenbacker bass, Jim\'s \"foot control\" snare, and a few odds and ends like Sacred Scenes. The first commercially available Giga libraries were the EastWest Steinway and Bosie, I believe.

More early Giga trivia: Because no sound cards yet supported GSIF, Giga had to have custom programming for some cards as a proof of concept. The first card you could run Giga on was the Soundblaster. Also, the Echo Layla was supported (by Nemesis at first) early.

Jam, I remember when I got my first version of Giga which was (GigaSampler LE) and \"Sacred Scenes for Scoring\" was included within the Gig files already on the disc. I can\'t remember ever using it in a composition... but I do remember it was pretty cool. Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bruce wrote:
    More early Giga trivia: Because no sound cards yet supported GSIF, Giga had to have custom programming for some cards as a proof of concept. The first card you could run Giga on was the Soundblaster. Also, the Echo Layla was supported (by Nemesis at first) early.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Really? I always thought Gigasampler was build around the Aark 20/20 and that it was the first one with multiple in and outs GSIF drivers.
    Hey, didn\'t I just answered my own question here?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Thank you for all your comments.
    In fact, i do have GigaStudio with my Audio Card. It\'s a shame there is no more sample stuff like this sacred scenes. Anyway, the 120 Mb file is quite interesting and can be used to add sacred ambience for my music.

Regards,
    jam

Go Back to forum