• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KONTAKT/VSL COMBO PACKAGE

Share/Bookmark

KONTAKT/VSL COMBO PACKAGE

We\'ve just worked out a special arrangement with Native Instruments/LA where you can get Kontakt with either the First Edition or Pro Edition update for a super reduced rate.

We\'ve tested here in Hollywood and 80% or better of VSL loads into Kontakt with no problems and sounds equal to GigaStudio. By getting Kontakt with VSL, you can put VSL on extra machines without paying additional license fees.

This special is not posted on our web site. Please call Truespec Systems at 1-310-559-3779.

Re: KONTAKT/VSL COMBO PACKAGE

Do you have to buy the entire set? I\'m going to be buying Kontakt (academic) and VSL\'s Woodwinds and Brass set very soon (but probably not before August 1st)...

Could you give me a special deal on that? Or would I probably not get one anyways since I\'m already buying the academic version of Kontakt?

Hrmm?

Thanks

You can order Kontakt academic through us which is a little less. You need to send along a copy of your current student registration for the current semester when ordering.

Hi Peter

That sounds interesting \'cause I\'ll be able to run it on the G5, but 80% of the library working properly doesn\'t give me that warm, fuzzy feeling. How about selling the package for 20% off? Or a guarantee that the other 20% will import properly in the next few months? I already have Kontakt.

What do you think?

Originally posted by peter269:
    We\'ve tested here in Hollywood and 80% or better of VSL loads into Kontakt with no problems
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Peter,

That\'s great news but what about the other 20% not importing properly at this time? what\'s missing? why? Will it 100% work later on? Could you please shed some light on this?

Thanks, [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

JHanks.

The current version of Kontakt 1.2.1 imports the vast majority of VSL except for a few programs that are labeled combinations with mod wheel. At this point, Kontakt cannot import that (although you can do it manually).

As a VST/System Link user myself, this gives me the opportunity to expand \"painlessly\" the number of systems running VSL. Since we\'re talking about a 94GB library, 80% of that is 75.2GB.

What should give you the \"warm fuzzy\" is that this setup enables expansion without buying another computer, regardless of your sequencer or platform.

Given that VSL is not in a Kontakt native format, getting 80%+ to import correctly as is without having to do ANY reprogramming is both a great benefit and a great opportunity.

You cant do it manually. Kontakt doesnt support multi matrix dimension splits yet. Halion does from what I hear.

The patches that dont import are just \"convenience\" patches. For example, using the mod wheel to switch between Crecendo and Decrecendo

Kontakt can normally do this, but the patches in question also use Keyswitches for different speeds. Kontakt cant do Mod wheel switching and Keyswitching at the same time. Its only either/or. You can create Xfades with shelved curves, but this will cause multiple Poly and isn\'t really \"switching\". It does create some neat effects tho, and used with time Machine you can have lots o fun. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also you can build BETTER instruments in Kontakt than in Giga 2.5. The legatos can be multi dynamic, and you can build Xfades for them. Repetitions can be controlled via Time Machine...

all sorts of things that make VSL better in Kontakt than in Giga.

Peter,
    I think this is a very cool offer.
    If I didn\'t already own both VSL and Kontakt i would strongly have considered it.

King,

Is there a source for Kontakt files of VSL (like art files) and/or do you ever sell your custom patches??

You do way cooler things than I could even think of.
    King rules.

Ok, this is interesting. I think I\'m learning more than I want to know. Dear God, how do you guys find time to write music!

Peter, i was with you until you said that this setup allows you to expand without buying a new computer. Would you mind explaining what you meant?

King, thanks...... but I think you meant_____ YOU could create a better instrument in Kontakt. I\'m still trying to read all that tiny print!

I find time to write on the board when I\'m rendering audio, or doing listenbacks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Keeps me not paying attention to the stuff I know is there [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] otherwise i\'ll obsess over them.

VSL is making user area for updated ART files and other files. I\'ll share some stuff for sure, but there are other users who are farther along than me, so I\'m also jsut kind of sitting back and waiting [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , as I\'ve got other stuff to do [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

There are some incredibly cool things you can do tho. I\'ve got some insane ideas that build on the already existing performance tools with Kontakt programming and possibly Giga 3. Stuff that could possibly blow our minds if it works even half what I want it to do. (tho I\'m sure herb already has more innovative ideas, im jsut making stuff in the mean time)

It may have a future with QLSO as well and some other libs, but they\'ll have to develop their own performance tools.

and.... as I\'m done typing here, I also realise that I post when my computer is in the process of crashing ... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum