• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Issues with ARIA 1.5

Share/Bookmark

Issues with ARIA 1.5

Randy suggested I repost my issues with Aria 1.5, especially for those who use Finale.

I'm really liking the new version of Aria. Only thing I'm still bumping up against in Finale '11 (which I use) is any music file I've created in which I have a pizz or arco articulation in the strings is not recognized. Now, strangely enough, if I create a new file the articulations work fine. I'm baffled by this. I can create a work-around to fix this, but that would only be for a final recording and definitely not for a final print. I don't seem to have any other problems with articulations, just the pizz and arco.

I haven't had time to explore this further as yet and I haven't posted this on the MakeMusic forum. Any thoughts anyone? Thanks!!!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: Issues with ARIA 1.5

Sorry there hasn't been any help on that issue yet, Gary. I'm rather sure an update to ARIA 1.5 won't be long in coming - but I don't know if what you bring up is an issue being addressed in that update or not. I've alerted the developers about your question, maybe they'll give us some info.

Randy

Thanks Randy. I did post the issue on the Make Music forum and was told this is a problem when switching to the newer Aria 1.5. The key switches for pizz and arco no longer functioned as they did before. In Finale 2010 they did not work at all. This would appear similar to the case on older files with Finale 2011 but not new ones. On the newer version of Finale 2012 users are apparently reporting crackling in the parts during playback. Adjusting the buffer size helps somewhat, but the problem persists. Justin mentioned this has been forwarded to Plogue and a solution should be coming soon (that was dated 7/10). As I said, I've managed a work-around for playback on older files, but it's awkward and time consuming. I'll just have to wait for a later update.

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Thanks Randy. I did post the issue on the Make Music forum and was told this is a problem when switching to the newer Aria 1.5...
    On the newer version of Finale 2012 users are apparently reporting crackling in the parts during playback...
    oh! I didn't know there was any info available on this, I've been trying to find out - OK, thanks for the update, Gary.

Yes, an update to 1.5 which addresses a number of issues should be coming out very soon. I think this "crackling" might be due to the levels being too high. The default volume levels were up to the maximum in Finale, which causes distortion. This was one of the first things people were mentioning, and all I could say was to always look in ARIA and make sure the sliders aren't past the 3/4 mark.

Let's hope for fixes all the way around very soon!

Randy

I'm in a bit of a snag here. I see no keyswitches in the notation version of GPO4 instruments in the new ARIA 1.5 engine. There are no highlighted keys in the low end of the keyboard like there was in version 1.111. Finale is not making the keyswitches correctly if at all. Can I go back to version 1.111 and how do I do that. The convolution reverb is great but if you can change the keyswitches than it makes no difference to how the file sounds with a good reverb.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I just checked in Sonar X1d and there are no keyswitches shown there in either notation samples or standard samples as well. Is this a major oversight? This is very unlike what we are used to out of updates.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I just checked in Sonar X1d and there are no keyswitches shown there in either notation samples or standard samples as well...
    I do believe the missing keyswitches is something else the update to ARIA 1.5 will have - and it really shouldn't be very long before that's available.

I could be incorrect, but I have the impression that what happened is that the releases of Pipe Organs and then the ARIA update were a surprise even to the development team. Just BOOM, things were suddenly released, but they were still working on things. - That's my impression anyway.

But I do know the ARIA update with all Finale corrections is complete and being run through some paces before it's made available.

At this point, as part of the Beta team, I can't be certain how what I have compares to what people are downloading. In mine, the Notation versions indeed don't have visible keyswitches on ARIA's keyboard, but the Standard versions of the samples do have all the keyswitches visible.

Did you notice that the two flavors, Notation and Standard are in the opposite order than they used to be? Notation is listed first in ARIA's menu, when Standard used to be. I've finally gotten used to it, but for quite awhile, I kept diving into the Notation menu by mistake when I needed Standard.

Randy

I have looked at both versions (notation and standard) and neither in my updated version have keyswitches. I certainly hope that early releases of unproven updates is not going to be the norm for MakeMusic. It certainly never was when they were Garritan products.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Did you notice that the two flavors, Notation and Standard are in the opposite order than they used to be? Notation is listed first in ARIA's menu, when Standard used to be. I've finally gotten used to it, but for quite awhile, I kept diving into the Notation menu by mistake when I needed Standard.

Randy
    I noticed that, too. Since I use Finale, I always clicked the first choice. Kept trying to figure out why I kept getting Standard instead of Notation when I would load up a new instrument. It was so automatic for me to pick the first choice, then I realized what they did. Wonder why the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    I noticed that, too. Since I use Finale, I always clicked the first choice. Kept trying to figure out why I kept getting Standard instead of Notation when I would load up a new instrument. It was so automatic for me to pick the first choice, then I realized what they did. Wonder why the switch?

Hi guys,

There was a change to the way ARIA reads bank files. It now reads by alphabetical order versus bank list order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The new ARIA Player update is ready, and should be available via your accounts soon.

Best,
    Chad

Go Back to forum