• Register
  • Help

Topic: Issue with ARIA 1.5 Audio Channel Selection

Share/Bookmark

Issue with ARIA 1.5 Audio Channel Selection

Like the look and feel of the new ARIA player!

However, when setting up a multi-channel project, the audio channels (not MIDI channels) are off by one group.

When I select channels 1/2, it gives me 3/4; when I select 3/4, I get 5/6; etc.

EDIT:

After some additional testing, I found that the audio plays on the correct channels I select -- the channels displayed in the ARIA play are just not correct. Not quite as big a problem as i thought it was at first.
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Re: Issue with ARIA 1.5 Audio Channel Selection

Quote Originally Posted by lunker View Post
    Like the look and feel of the new ARIA player!

However, when setting up a multi-channel project, the audio channels (not MIDI channels) are off by one group.

When I select channels 1/2, it gives me 3/4; when I select 3/4, I get 5/6; etc.

EDIT:

After some additional testing, I found that the audio plays on the correct channels I select -- the channels displayed in the ARIA play are just not correct. Not quite as big a problem as i thought it was at first.
    Oops! That was the glitch in one Beta version before it was fixed in the final release version.--SO---Now, please, you need to let us know what the source of your ARIA was. Not the version that comes with Garittan Pipe Organs - it must be the download from the Finale site--?

Randy

Hello Randy,

Yes! It came from the Finale site. Even thought I don't have the new libraries that require the updated ARIA engine, I downloaded the new version just to be up to date.

Other than this small bug, I like it!
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by lunker View Post
    Hello Randy,

Yes! It came from the Finale site. Even thought I don't have the new libraries that require the updated ARIA engine, I downloaded the new version just to be up to date.

Other than this small bug, I like it!
    AH, glad you already replied - This isn't good though, it's confusing for users. And like I said, that glitch was fixed for the release of Pipe Organs. Somehow Finale has the wrong version going out!

Thanks for the info, Lunker - I'll alert the team.

Randy

Update: It can be confusing to keep straight the various Beta and release versions of things. It turns out that the Beta team had a version of ARIA where this audio channel labeling error was fixed, but that wasn't the same as the officially released version.

The currently available ARIA at the MakeMusic site does indeed have this glitch, as well as several others. All are known issues, and a new update with all these issues corrected will be coming out soon.

Randy

Thanks Randy! I'm glad I didn't submit a ticket to the Finale guys about it yet.

PS - I am amazed you find time to make music with all the extra work you put into the forum and beta testing all these great things. Either you don't sleep much, or you are very efficient.
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Go Back to forum