• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Just Got Groove Agent

Share/Bookmark

Re: Just Got Groove Agent

No, no, Tobias buddy, I wasn\'t paid! As a matter of fact, I didn\'t even demo this baby. I really do like it - a lot. Hey, music, like colours, is a matter of taste, right? For my taste and needs (sometimes having to re-create styles from 20-30-40 years ago), this is a perfect addition to my arsenal. I wouldn\'t rely on it exclusively, but add it to Stylus, CM505 (new free beatbox), and EXS24, and you\'ve got drums and beats for... at least a year! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Will it work in DP and or DP4?

thanx in advance
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Given that it\'s a VSTi, the answer is yes, but you\'ll need the VST Wrapper. As well, you\'ll need to make a SimpleText file called Groove Agent Location (to be placed in your Preferences folder), with the exact path to where the samples are to be found. The problem stems from the fact that GA was first written for Cubase, where a pop-up window appears upon first calling up GA, asking you where the GA drum samples are. GA then writes a simpletext doc in your Preferences with the samples\' path. It\'s way easier to do than it is to explain!
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don\'t know Tob, I just had a listen to the mp3\'s, and I thought they sounded pretty good.

I just got ACID4 & a whole whack of drum libraries, so GA will have to wait until at least next week! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I don\'t know Tob, I just had a listen to the mp3\'s, and I thought they sounded pretty good.

I just got ACID4 & a whole whack of drum libraries, so GA will have to wait until at least next week! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    No, no, Tobias buddy, I wasn\'t paid! As a matter of fact, I didn\'t even demo this baby. I really do like it - a lot. Hey, music, like colours, is a matter of taste, right? For my taste and needs (sometimes having to re-create styles from 20-30-40 years ago), this is a perfect addition to my arsenal. I wouldn\'t rely on it exclusively, but add it to Stylus, CM505 (new free beatbox), and EXS24, and you\'ve got drums and beats for... at least a year! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">hehehe.. ok, I believe you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But it wouldn\'t hurt with some more velocity layers and lefthand/righthand/flams and so on. I know that Worra is going to release these samples as a full drum sample library with todays demands. I guess I was a little dissapointed on this product.. I had expected it to sound professional and authentic but to me it just sounded very amteurish. I\'m doing alot of retro stuff aswell but I think I will wait for Worras release of these samples. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Just Got Groove Agent

Yep, GA has landed in my computer, and I LOVE it! Very, very easy to use, good sounds, LOTS of patterns from gone-by eras, solid so far in Logic 6. I was waiting for something like this (great selection of 50\'s, 60\'s and 70\'s drum patterns). You can also play in real-time with the mic placement for each drum part (snare, toms, etc). Oh, and I almost forgot the main reason I bought it: beaucoup, beaucoup de drum fills! Lovely... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ned, are you sure you wasn\'t payed to say that? I love the idea, features and the look.. But judging from the style demos on the website ( http://ga.clubcubase.net/downloads.html ) I can only say I had a great laugh when listening to them... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/Tobias

I\'ve written a medium-length review of Groove Agent for the K-v-R forums. You can read it here:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/get.php?mode=show&id=455

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    I\'ve written a medium-length review of Groove Agent for the K-v-R forums. You can read it here:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/get.php?mode=show&id=455
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">ok Nice review and good for you that you liked it! I think it would be useless for me because of the few velocity layers.. I just can\'t bear to hear the same sample being trigged so many times in a loop that are supposed to sound acoustic and authentic.. actually, it makes me wanna puke (Yes, you may call it a decise). So, more velocity layers, flams, better dynamics and it would not only look good.. oh, how did you like the modern styles?

/Tobias

Originally posted by tob:
    .. oh, how did you like the modern styles?

/Tobias
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Not worth buying it for them. The samples just don\'t cut it, neither does the programming. Then again, I\'m a picky s.o.b! I really think the best patterns are the pre-80\'s. Even the \'rock\' ones are not so good. But the other ones are a lot of fun. Too bad we can\'t load our own samples...
    [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum