• Register
  • Help

Topic: Star Trek Theme -- All Garritan

Share/Bookmark

Star Trek Theme -- All Garritan

I found a decent MIDI file for this MIDI mock-up of the Star Trek Theme, and I combined all the Garritan Libraries I had (GPO4, JABB3, EWI USB Synth) to get this result. I was pretty surprised how it all came together.

Re: Star Trek Theme -- All Garritan

Hi Jim,

Just peeked in tonight for a quick review of what's playin' in the LR and was so glad I did ... This was SOOOO COOOOOL!

Yes, this came out surprisingly well; really nice job. I was particulary lovin' the ambiance ... it sounded very good; just the right amount of 'verb (is this from Aria or your DAW?)

I always thought the composer, Alexander Courage, did a magnificent job in writing this theme. He was primarily a top Hollywood film orchestrator, but really helped define the vibe of the entire Star Trek franchise with this single, short theme ... "Just Right".

Thanks for sharing,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Jim,

Just peeked in tonight for a quick review of what's playin' in the LR and was so glad I did ... This was SOOOO COOOOOL!

Yes, this came out surprisingly well; really nice job. I was particulary lovin' the ambiance ... it sounded very good; just the right amount of 'verb (is this from Aria or your DAW?)

I always thought the composer, Alexander Courage, did a magnificent job in writing this theme. He was primarily a top Hollywood film orchestrator, but really helped define the vibe of the entire Star Trek franchise with this single, short theme ... "Just Right".

Thanks for sharing,

Frank
    Thanks for the note Frank. I don't remember for sure about the reverb, but I am pretty sure this was just Aria.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    I found a decent MIDI file for this MIDI mock-up of the Star Trek Theme, and I combined all the Garritan Libraries I had (GPO4, JABB3, EWI USB Synth) to get this result. I was pretty surprised how it all came together.
    And The Listening Room Festival is off with a great start, thanks to this super fun post, Jim--THANKS!--- And oh yeah, that sounds really nice.

Reminds me of a contest I co-hosted at the Sonar Forum in 2010. Did you know about that?

Everyone used the same MIDI file of the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" theme, and produced recordings using their orchestral libraries of choice. Entries were posted anonymously, no names, no lists of instruments used, and the Sonar members voted on favorites.

ORCHESTRAL SHOOT-OUT

Gary Garritan was the sponsor. He generously donated Garritan Libraries for the prizes - The Grand Prize was the entire Garritan collection!

That's a really fun site to go through, with a huge variety of versions submitted - over 70! - And virtually any orchestral library you can think of was represented.

Randy

That's a great idea to take an already built midi file and render it. It sounds great. There are a lot of free and accurate midi files out there. I think I will do some research and see if I can find something that I like. I think this came out very nice. Thanks for the share. Jay

I remember this! So much fun.... and a lot of work.
    Warning: clicking on these links may result in spontaneous combustion.

Twitter

Soundcloud

Great job on this, Jim!

What a blast from the past -- I'm old enough to have enjoyed the original TV series.

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thumbs up Re: Star Trek Theme -- All Garritan

Blast your confounded observations Spock! The Captain is down there with all the beer and girls and the transporter is broken!

Awesome! That put a smile on me face. Wait, I had to take off my turnout gear first and put away my SCBA, but after ... I enjoyed every note!

Styxx
    Styxx

Great work Jim!
    But in addition, a great, pleasant surprise and a happy one for me, Randy is still looking on at us? Hello Boris!!!

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Blast your confounded observations Spock! The Captain is down there with all the beer and girls and the transporter is broken!

Awesome! That put a smile on me face. Wait, I had to take off my turnout gear first and put away my SCBA, but after ... I enjoyed every note!

Styxx
    Styxx and Ted thanks for the remarks, but this is really a blast from the past twice. I did not expect to get comments from a post that was over two years old. I listen to this piece now and again, and it still sounds pretty good to my ears.

Jim

Go Back to forum