• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scoring for Film/TV FAQ

Share/Bookmark

Scoring for Film/TV FAQ

In the past little while, I\'ve been getting emails regularly from people requesting info on writing for film and tv, how to start, what to expect, technical questions, etc. After repeating myself a few times, I thought it might be a good idea to put together a humble FAQ, based on my experiences so far in the business. This is a first draft, so I\'m looking for any suggestions, additional questions, comments, etc.

Here\'s the link: http://www.nedfx.com/html/scoringforfilmfaq.html

Let me know what you think!

Re: Scoring for Film/TV FAQ

I read it. Very informative. Thank you for your wisdom and advice to the beginners, sir. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Ned,
    thank you very much, that\'s very intersting! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Markus.

Sounds great Ned. Now I\'m scared of you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Sounds great Ned. Now I\'m scared of you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">But you\'re the one who writes (great) scary music! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I like your website! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Hello Ned, thanks for the link! It\'s very helpful. Gary [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks a lot, Ned. Super helpful. I really respect your opinion here and at the OSX forum.

You\'er very considerate to put that together for us.

Honestly, my only complaint about the whole Q&A article was the font size was too small [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Other than that, it was a very helpful read. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Ned,

What a terrific thing for you to do. As I am only a beginner in this (working on my first indie film) I really appreciate the \'heads up\'.

You know Jeff Rona\'s book started just this way (small articles that eventually ended up as \'the Reel World\'). Thanks again and I\'ll take every bit of wisdom and experience you send our way.

Rob

Hi, Ned!

Thank you for the FAQ! Great info!

One question:
    They will ask for a 1-frame-long, 1khz sync beep.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How do you produce a 1khz sync beep?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Marty:
    my only complaint about the whole Q&A article was the font size was too small [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you\'re using Internet Explorer select View>Textsize and then choose a larger display font. Return it back to its regular setting before viewing other pages.

Ned---very informative site. Thanks for sharing.

John

Go Back to forum