• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to add modwheel attenuation to samples?

Share/Bookmark

How to add modwheel attenuation to samples?

I\'d like to know how to add modwheel attenuation to samples that don\'t have it (e.g. VOTA). I know I can go into the editor and do it that way.. but could I also just use Sonar and bind the modwheel to control the volume? Even that would be sufficient. Is this possible?

Re: How to add modwheel attenuation to samples?

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    bind the modwheel to control the volume?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In Track View - Right click Volume - select \'Remote Control\' - In the dialogue box, click \'learn\', move your Mod wheel, Click \'OK\' - Modwheel is now bound to Track volume [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you\'re just using a one direction fade (no inverse crossfades), I can\'t think of any reason not to do the work in Sonar, but don\'t route the mod wheel to volume (CC7), route it to expression (CC11).

If you keep these two functions separate, you can use expression to create changes throughout the track, and volume to set the overall level of the track. If you only use volume for both tasks, any edits you want to make to the overall level of a track require editing all your dynamics by the same amount - ugh!

I couldn\'t agree more [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sadly, i\'ve yet to find a way to bind the mod wheel to cc11 w/Sonar [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Everything else OK, just not cc11.....(tho if i\'m being really dumb and missing something obvious please tell me!)

Oh well, back to the controller pane [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Chadwick,

Good point.. binding to volume really screws up the ability to mix later on. How would I bind the mod wheel to CC11 in Sonar (for just certain tracks)?

Bruce?

Go Back to forum