• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thank you Forum members - The Festival is a huge success!

Share/Bookmark

Thank you Forum members - The Festival is a huge success!

Starting with this thread here in General Discussion:

An idea: A Listening Room Festival

And continuing with this thread in the LR:

Announcement - The Listening Room Summer Festival

--the idea of drumming up an explosion of music posts has yielded fantastic results.

I've just spent 4 of the most gratifying hours at the Forum ever. I listened to all of the new pieces posted, commented on all of them, posting more than one reply on some threads that engendered interesting conversations.

In one day's time we've had more music posted than in the last several months combined!

And it's great to see that when non-Garritan instruments are in recordings, those are being dutifully listed, just as we discussed on the above threads.

So I want to heartily thank everyone who's posted music so far in The Festival. I invite everyone to go dig into the rich listening experiences available over in the Listening Room, and I hope to see this energy continue. It's just the greatest!

Randy

Re: Thank you Forum members - The Festival is a huge success!

It was my pleasure. I should have done it sooner.

My, so much music!

*goes to listen*
    -- Matt Wong

Don't let up now! Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

--I've broken out in a sweat, because >gasp!< nothing new has gone up for a couple of hours. I'm going through withdrawal. I need my Listening Room fix!

--Nothing new to post? Pick out something from the past and re-share! - It's not like "re-gifting" at Christmas time - Re-posting for the Festival is goooood and honorable! We have new members who want to have juicy old posts pointed out to them. Show them your stuff!

Hope to see the Festival marching on in triumph!

Randy

I was going to send my Missa Brevis, but all I have is a WAV file which is WAY too big. Apparently the midi and mp3 files were lost during the last computer crash. *drat*

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I was going to send my Missa Brevis, but all I have is a WAV file which is WAY too big. Apparently the midi and mp3 files were lost during the last computer crash. *drat*
    If you don't have a program to make MP3s from a .wav file (--the free Audacity coupled with the free Lame encoder can do that)--That situation can still be fixed!

I just now made a new folder at my Box account, named it "Tom Davis." Now, all you need to do is send me an email through the link under my name in this reply, and then I'll set you up so you'll become a collaborator on that folder. You can upload your .wav file to that folder. I'll make an MP3 copy of it and upload it to that same folder - and from there, you can put up your post.

Deal?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Have you tried a WAV to mp3 converter? I use Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You may have to download another plugin to convert to mp3, but I'm not sure, it's been a while since I last dowloaded it.

Edit:

What Randy said
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Have you tried a WAV to mp3 converter? I use Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    You may have to download another plugin to convert to mp3...
    Right on, Michael! Yes, you need to install the FREE Lame Encoder, and the FREE Audacity Help files tell you exactly how to do it.

Would behoove you to do that sometime, Tom. Meanwhile, the offer stands - Just send me an email.

Randy

Encouraging everyone to keep The Festival going strong!

And it's good to remember that it's not only posting music, both new and old, which keeps things rolling along, but posting replies to other people's music, whether or not you're always hearing your favorite kinds of musical tea.

It'd be great if everyone posting could listen and respond to at least a few on each visit to The Listening Room. You want to share your pieces, you know others would like to know if you've heard theirs.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Encouraging everyone to keep The Festival going strong!

And it's good to remember that it's not only posting music, both new and old, which keeps things rolling along, but posting replies to other people's music, whether or not you're always hearing your favorite kinds of musical tea.

It'd be great if everyone posting could listen and respond to at least a few on each visit to The Listening Room. You want to share your pieces, you know others would like to know if you've heard theirs.

Randy
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Especially considering it's summer when people are kept more busy with the great outdoors, it's remarkable how much music has been flowing through The Listening Room. It's understandable things have slowed a bit, but we're still doing a lot better than before the Festival started.

To everyone who's participated so far with music posts and the all important replies. Let's keep it going!

Randy

Go Back to forum