• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Guardian Legend Enhanced OST - Struggle and Despair (Crystal Corridor)

Share/Bookmark

The Guardian Legend Enhanced OST - Struggle and Despair (Crystal Corridor)

The Guardian Legend is my my favorite video game of all time. I came up with an idea to arrange the entire game's soundtrack. Basically, I want to enhance it. This is an arrangement I created a couple months ago of my favorite tune from the game, The Crystal Corridor.

Hope I don't get in trouble for multi-posting.

Instrument Libraries Included:
    Garritan Instant Orchestra - Strings
    Ewqlso Silver - Piano
    Dimension Pro - Bass
    Demo of Some midi vst similar to cakewalk tts - Effect (Can't remember the name of the software, I only ever used it for this arrangement)

Re: The Guardian Legend Enhanced OST - Struggle and Despair (Crystal Corridor)

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    The Guardian Legend is my my favorite video game of all time. I came up with an idea to arrange the entire game's soundtrack. Basically, I want to enhance it. This is an arrangement I created a couple months ago of my favorite tune from the game, The Crystal Corridor.

Hope I don't get in trouble for multi-posting...
    And my gaming music education continues, thanks to you, Richard!

What fun this one is - Sweet! with those unexpected jazzy touches. Sounds to me like you've succeeded in reaching your goal, which is to enhance the original music - Congrats!

And really fun that you used a video screen capture of the game being played for the visuals - loved that.

AND - re: your last sentence - This is EXACTLY what this Listening Room Festival is all about. The invitation is to post more music, to plainly label non-Garritan instruments, and post however often you're comfortable with. Look around, several people are posting things several days in a row - That's cool! We want excitement, variety, quantity--and we're getting that.

So thanks for helping to make the Festival a success!

Randy

Hi Richard,

Another game piece from you, but this time the arrangement and mix is a bit more stylized. And as Randy pointed out, some tasty piano w/ a jazzy tinge. This seems more rhythmic than your '... Erthia' series; is that because the original Miyamoto piece is fairly driven too?

Nice job.

Frank

Thanks for the feedback. It is a bit different than my usual stuff. Most of the soundtrack in the guardian legend has a fast tempo and more upbeat. There are only a couple slower tunes in the soundtrack. I am trying to stay as close to the original music as possible.

Go Back to forum