• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "In Lieu of Ransom"

Share/Bookmark

"In Lieu of Ransom"

OK, because it's Saturday night, and so on, I have decided to post a 3rd animated film today, but you don't have to watch it until tomorrow if you don't want!
    "In Lieu of Ransom" is the first animation, wherein I used subtitles to help tell the story, not narration, or otherwise. It is a sort of action/adventure story.
    For the music, I used a variety of resources, including the Garritan Full Strings Tremolo and the Cymbals. I also used the Vita full strings and the acoustic guitar and a few power chords near the end. I made good use of some the "Epic World" samples by Eduardo Tarilonte, which play in the ENGINE player 2 from Best of Service. Also, the fuzz guitar, near the end, is the "Carlos" voice from Sample Tank 2.
    The film has a bit of a "Jungle Book" affair feel to it, at times, Rudyard Kipling, anyone?
    Anyway, this wraps up my Saturday night!

Take care,
    sd cisco

Re: "In Lieu of Ransom"

Hey SD,

Just finished this great multi-media offering from you ... hey, now it's a Listening AND Viewing Room Festival!

I just finished screening "ILOR" with one eye open and will check it out again Sunday, but this was really enjoyable. You're creating some entertaining films SD; keep this up ... you have a knack for this art form.

On the music side, I absolutely loved when the score changes @ 4:05 ... that bass, then percussion and fuzz guitar ... WOW!!

Thanks for posting THIS!

Frank

You do a great job on these, SD! Fine visuals, strong musical scoring and able story-telling.

I'm genuinely impressed!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    You do a great job on these, SD! Fine visuals, strong musical scoring and able story-telling.

I'm genuinely impressed!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David, thank you so very much, and let me say, it is wonderful to see you on these pages again!!!
    I have thought of you just about every time I've visited the Forum, you have such a very strong, distinctive and beautiful musical voice! Your work is original and forward-looking, in every respect! I hope you continue!

Getting back into animation has been a God-send for me, in terms of self-rejuvenation! Before I made my own films, of any kind, I would tape TV shows and then turn the volume off and make up my own music to go along with the visuals.
    That was when I first noticed how the music and the image can meld, and often become something "greater than the sum of it's parts".
    Working with other film makers can be, uh, sort of trying, to say the least. I thought, why not just make up your own films, cut out the middle-man! So, that's how I started out.
    Thank you for your fine comments!

take care,
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hey SD,

Just finished this great multi-media offering from you ... hey, now it's a Listening AND Viewing Room Festival!

I just finished screening "ILOR" with one eye open and will check it out again Sunday, but this was really enjoyable. You're creating some entertaining films SD; keep this up ... you have a knack for this art form.

On the music side, I absolutely loved when the score changes @ 4:05 ... that bass, then percussion and fuzz guitar ... WOW!!

Thanks for posting THIS!

Frank
    Frank;
    Thank you my friend! I am very happy you find the work entertaining!
    I am producing a new animation every 2 - 6 days, on average, when I have finished one, the next idea is standing there, waiting for attention. I need to update my opening remarks regarding the guitar you mention, it is from Sample Tank 2, called "Carlos", but I have added delay and so on. All the parts are played on the midi keyboard, 88 note Studio Logic, hammer action with weighted keys.
    Thanks again!

sd cisco

Exciting times in The Listening Room! Thanks to folks like you, Sd, we haven't seen activity or felt energy like this in years. It's fantastic.

I'm just now finding this video production today, and have to say it's probably my favorite from you so far. Enthralling, both visually and musically - the whole package just works so well. Like others already on your thread, all I can do is sit back and enjoy the journey you so expertly guide us on.

wow. THANKS!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Exciting times in The Listening Room! Thanks to folks like you, Sd, we haven't seen activity or felt energy like this in years. It's fantastic.

I'm just now finding this video production today, and have to say it's probably my favorite from you so far. Enthralling, both visually and musically - the whole package just works so well. Like others already on your thread, all I can do is sit back and enjoy the journey you so expertly guide us on.

wow. THANKS!

Randy
    Thank you, Randy!!
    This was the first time I tried using the subtitles and it worked fine. I liken myself to a hitch-hiker. Stand there and wait for the first ride that stops, and hop in, for good or otherwise. I have learned when hitch-hiking to not discriminate as to how far, etc, the ride would take you. ( I better say here and now, I haven't HH'd for about 40 years, but I remember). You can't sit there and wait for the RR with a bar in the backseat. And one should not try to pre-estimate or second-guess the value of the ride, before it has begun. Additionally, even with a scuzzy ride, it still furthered your cause and quite often then, would lead you to and adventure you could not have foreseen. So, I don't try to filter or discriminate, where the inspiration will take me. But once I get there, I can share the journey.

sd

Went thru this again today, SD ... with BOTH eyes open! LOL

Really impressive. Thanks for the updated guitar info ... it really rocks!

Hope others catch this great piece ...

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Went thru this again today, SD ... with BOTH eyes open! LOL

Really impressive. Thanks for the updated guitar info ... it really rocks!

Hope others catch this great piece ...

Frank
    Thanks again, Frank! I am happy for the friendly reception my animations have received here and look forward to presenting more. The nice thing about this one in particular is you could show it to kids and they would still pickup on the messages of compassion and good winning over evil.
    Rock on!

sd cisco

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast