• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB Scores invisible on iPad

Share/Bookmark

JABB Scores invisible on iPad

Good morning
    This is my first post here - i did use search function indeed, but I didn't find anything that would match.
    Mi question is simple: I noticed, that my iPad wouldn't show the scores within the interactive Chuck Israels-tutorial. It works perfectly with MacBook Does anyone know a solution?
    Zsolt

Re: JABB Scores invisible on iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Zsolt View Post
    Good morning
    This is my first post here - i did use search function indeed, but I didn't find anything that would match.
    Mi question is simple: I noticed, that my iPad wouldn't show the scores within the interactive Chuck Israels-tutorial. It works perfectly with MacBook Does anyone know a solution?
    Zsolt
    Interesting - I've noticed in various posts here and there online that sometimes things come up that just aren't compatible with the iPad. It apparently doesn't have the right codec or something or other for whatever kind of format those scores use. I don't know if you could find out what's needed, and if it can be added to your iPad or not - It's all a bit beyond me. All I know is that not everything works on an iPad - Give me a laptop over one of those any day!

Randy

if I recall, those files are all Adobe "Flash files" and Apple refuses to pay Adobe an excessive fee that they wanted to charge Apple for iPad compatibility when they were being designed. One must remember that an iPad is NOT a computer.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    if I recall, those files are all Adobe "Flash files" and Apple refuses to pay Adobe an excessive fee that they wanted to charge Apple for iPad compatibility when they were being designed. One must remember that an iPad is NOT a computer.
    Dan
    hehe - as if iPad isn't over priced yet hugely successful, with Flash easily being in the thing's budget. Especially with the way the iPad assemblers are paid pennies for their work. It's another case of Apple making it difficult/impossible for their users to stay compatible with what the majority of the rest of the world is using. Web surfing without Flash - I can't imagine.

Randy

the iPad is a phenomenal product, unfortunately though, greed and arrogance rules in virtually all commercial manufacturers.

To be fair, Adobe is phasing out Flash for mobile platforms in favor of HTML5 (which can deliver the same content without having to rely on a plug-in or technology per se). They're still supporting Flash, of course, until everyone makes the transition.

I believe Steve Jobs called Flash buggy, which is not exactly true; just a little slow for slower systems (like tablets).

Dan hit the nail on the head concerning iPads (and tablets in general). Over in the Adobe Photoshop Touch forums, I'm always having to tell users that Photoshop Touch isn't like Photoshop CS (and why that is so; tablets just aren't full-on desktops and don't have as much horsepower under the hood).

all part of growing technology,
    thanks for that insite Iacobus!
    Dan

Flash is quite a mess... in that it's got a whole lot of features cobbled together... which has left a lot of security holes present over the years... and probably still more to be discovered, so I'd probably consider that 'buggy'. I'm rather glad that eventually we'll be moving away from it... but it's become so ubiquitous and so many sites still rely on it (and HTML5 doesn't quite provide all the features that many sites demand yet), so it may be around for a while...

That said, I disapprove of a number of Apple's policies, so I don't own a single one of their products...
    -- Matt Wong

Quote Originally Posted by Silh View Post
    Flash is quite a mess... in that it's got a whole lot of features cobbled together... which has left a lot of security holes present over the years... and probably still more to be discovered, so I'd probably consider that 'buggy'. I'm rather glad that eventually we'll be moving away from it... but it's become so ubiquitous and so many sites still rely on it (and HTML5 doesn't quite provide all the features that many sites demand yet), so it may be around for a while...
    Microsoft has also been critical of Flash for some time and is pushing for HTML5.

Go Back to forum