• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Sib 6

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Sib 6

I am attempting, quite unsuccessfully to find a way to use GPO with Sib 6.2. My (older) version of GPO contains the notation instruments in the library, but I can not find a way to make Sibelius aware of this. Any ideas? I can't tear my hear out, haven't got enough to get a good grip.

Richard

Re: GPO and Sib 6

Hi Richard,

This link to download the update to the Kontakt Player 2 version of GPO might solve the problem.

http://www.sibelius.com/products/sib...s/upgrade.html

My original GPO wouldn't work when I upgraded Sib 4 to Sib6.2. I had to download the Kontakt Player 2 installer and follow the instructions for copying the sounds from my GPO SIbelius Edition DVD-ROM.

Hope this helps.
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Re: GPO and Sib 6

Well, I think I found the answer. I had forgotten that when I updated to Sib 6.2, there was not an update to the printed manual. I checked the PDF docs and found that the various updates had once again improved my system by removing a functionality. I would now need to get GPO 4, which won't work on my system, and I won't buy a new system. It would probably work with GPO 3, but that is long off the market. Since I normally do all my audio with Sonar, it it no great loss, just another annoyance,like Microsoft updating my word processor and removing the spell checker.

Richard

Go Back to forum