• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What KVM switch are you using?

What KVM switch are you using?

hello everyone....just curious what brands/models of KVM switches you all are using for you multi machine setups...as thats now a priority on my shopping list....thanks.

Re: What KVM switch are you using?

Using a Belkin Omniview..works great but for some reason I sometimes lose mousewheel capability.
    It switches very quick though; before that I had a \'Kobishi\' that worked okay but switched rather slowly and didn\'t always emulate the keyboard properly (causing your computer to think nothing is attached).
    Anyway, a Belkin is probably your best bet.

I\'ve had bad luck with that one in Switching Macs. (Mouse gets funky, especially the buttons)

Anyone got a good one for the Mac?

I have had perfect performance from my Miniview SE 4 port PS2 (GCS84B) by IOGEAR. Do a search on the Hardware Forum and you will find some helpful threads on this subject.

The linksys kvm is really simple and easy and inexpensive.Theres no need for drivers or anything for it but u can only switch between 2 PC`s.Thank god for \'scroll lock\"...Rich

Just don\'t go too cheap. I bought one from the internet called \"2 port AUTO KVM switch-non power\" ( no other manufacturer identification).

It was cheap but beautifully packaged and looked fine, but it promptly ate the keyboard interface on one of my computers.

I use the Linksys KVM which has been great so far. It has a feature that lets you switch between computers using the CTRL key. (And that\'s a good thing since my KVM fell on the floor behind my desk months ago). Mine is a 2-Port version and I\'m not sure if they make other models.

The guy at the store where I bought it said do not buy a non-digital KVM as they have a tendency to fry your monitor.

IOgear 4-port MiniView USB KVM. Great little box.

It works 100% flawlessly and also lets you switch a USB connection between the four machines. I have a G4, Windows machine, IIci, and a 9600 all hooked up to it.

Obscure trivia: the only caveat is that you can\'t use a Griffin iMate ADB converter for a keyboard plugged into its front panel keyboard port - it wants real USB (although you can use the iMate in the rear panel USB port). I had to break down and buy a Macally iKey keyboard to replace the old Apple Extended Keyboard II. (Since I hate the Apple Pro keyboard.)

Anyone got a good one for the Mac?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dr. Bott MoniswitchUSB works great for both Macs and PCs and is pefect for switching between both platforms.

Akyhawk 8 port here.

great, but has an annoying beep. Have to get in there and remove the speaker.

Go Back to forum