• Register
  • Help

Topic: "away"

Share/Bookmark

"away"

KERR-BOOM!!
    It's Monday morning, and assuming the Summer Fest still rolls, I am going to share another animation with you! This one, sadly, only uses Violins 1 - SS and some of the Cymbals from the GPO4. The rest is mostly the Vita Full Strings, Full Brass and drum tracks that came with Majix Music Maker - basic.
    This is my first "foreign language" animation, but, don't worry, you won't need subtitles or translation, to figure out what's going on!

sd cisco

Re: "away"

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    ...It's Monday morning, and assuming the Summer Fest still rolls, I am going to share another animation with you! This one, sadly, only uses Violins 1 - SS...
    This is my first "foreign language" animation, but, don't worry, you won't need subtitles or translation, to figure out what's going on!...
    Oh boy! Another Sd Cisco mini-movie! YOU BET the Listening Room Summer Festival is still happening! I hope it just keeps rolling along until it morphs into The Listening Room Autumn Festival, followed by The Listening Room Winter Festival! To have all this good, high energy going on is just too great for us to ever go back to our old, sluggish ways!

Gorgeous entertainment - Fantastic visuals, and an excellent sound to the music track. It's super the way you are truly a one-man show with this great stuff, Sd.

What's "SS"--?

OK, so I got tired of the dry, disco drum loop, but I understand it seems appropriate for this genre. Just saying.

--I found it mysterious, the storyline - so, not sure I figured out what was going on, but I enjoyed it nonetheless!

Applause, Sd - Thanks!

Randy

Ed,

Having directed a few movies (all independent, of course) I find your camera angles and visual reveals as fascinating as the music. Your work forces the viewer to progress along the story line always anticipating what may come next. Most very well done.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Oh boy! Another Sd Cisco mini-movie! YOU BET the Listening Room Summer Festival is still happening! I hope it just keeps rolling along until it morphs into The Listening Room Autumn Festival, followed by The Listening Room Winter Festival! To have all this good, high energy going on is just too great for us to ever go back to our old, sluggish ways!

Gorgeous entertainment - Fantastic visuals, and an excellent sound to the music track. It's super the way you are truly a one-man show with this great stuff, Sd.

What's "SS"--?

OK, so I got tired of the dry, disco drum loop, but I understand it seems appropriate for this genre. Just saying.

--I found it mysterious, the storyline - so, not sure I figured out what was going on, but I enjoyed it nonetheless!

Applause, Sd - Thanks!

Randy
    Thank you Randy!!
    "SS" is short for sustained short - sorry, that's a habit from naming tracks.
    What's goes on: basically she escapes a violent relationship by visiting a monk then traveling to a mountain top monastery, where she has taken refuge.
    I watched some episodes of a Chinese made series called "Fearless", on YT. It was interesting to hear their spin on music, a strange sounding hybrid of East and West. For the most part, the series just jumps from one Kung-Fu fight to another! "......those kids was fast as lightening!!"

Thanks for watching and commenting!!
    sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Ed,

Having directed a few movies (all independent, of course) I find your camera angles and visual reveals as fascinating as the music. Your work forces the viewer to progress along the story line always anticipating what may come next. Most very well done.

Tom
    Tom, thank you very much indeed!
    And thanks for noticing and mentioning the camera work! That was a big selling point for me with iClone. You can have multiple cameras working the same scene. I don't know what the upper limit is, but I have had at least 18 on at one time, in one scene/set. You can set up an automated switching to take place, one camera to another, just when you want. And, just like almost every other scene element, the cameras too, can be animated over a time-line.
    Cameras can be "parented" to characters or objects, so when they move, so does the camera. Each camera has it's own selection of lenses. Most of that can also be said about the various "Lights" that are available. And their brightness and /or colour can be animated, over time.
    ................and when all the clips are rendered, then comes the editing and the music, etc.

Thanks again, appreciate your watching and commenting!

sd cisco

Great job on the video and the music. I liked the beat to the tune, it makes you wanna get up and dance! It was also mixed well.

This is another very cool presentation. I think the music and animation go great together. You had previously mentioned that you use iclone pro 5. I started looking into that a little. Do you need to have something called a Mocap device(whatever that is) to make it work. Anyway, thanks for the post. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Great job on the video and the music. I liked the beat to the tune, it makes you wanna get up and dance! It was also mixed well.
    Thank you very much - certainly appreciated!!!

sd cisco

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    This is another very cool presentation. I think the music and animation go great together. You had previously mentioned that you use iclone pro 5. I started looking into that a little. Do you need to have something called a Mocap device(whatever that is) to make it work. Anyway, thanks for the post. Jay
    Thank you for watching and commenting, Jay!!
    Motion files are a big part of animation generation. iClone comes with many motion files for common actions, and they can be edited and fine tuned, if necessary . Mocap is done various ways, the most sensitive is done using sensors attached to a persons body that record movements of various limbs and they can then be applied to the 3D character.
    There is a motion sensor you can get for about $100 that is made to work in conjunction with X-box. It just "sees" your upper body movements and records them. I don't have one and most people find that kind of mocap recording isn't worth the hassle. You can also just move, or animate the characters body parts, manually using the motion editor, and animate it over a timeline. The entire subject of mocap in animation is still in flux and contentious. For example, I don't believe they will award an Oscar for an animation that uses mocap. That sort of thinking is way behind the curve and what they are really saying is they prefer hand drawn/painted "cell type animation", like the way Disney Studios did Mickey Mouse etc, you've seen that method, photographing page after page, each representing an incremental advancement in the character(s) movements. They make that distinction but fail to recognize all the other new production elements that inevitably are a part of a computer generated animation. They are simply uninformed and behind the times, in terms of their ability to understand and appreciate computer animation.

So, in conclusion, you don't need a mocap device to proceed.

best regards,
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum