• Register
  • Help

Topic: 32 or 64 bit?

Share/Bookmark

32 or 64 bit?

Hi All - My first post!

I am considering buying GPO 4 but I have Vista Home Premium (32 bit O/S) on my IQON & I'm not sure if it will run.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated - even if it's bad news!

Many thanks.

Re: 32 or 64 bit?

GPO 4 comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Hi Jacobus - Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at page 14 of the Manual. It says:

'Regarding 64-bit Computing

Garritan Personal Orchestra is 64-bit compatible and takes full advantage of the new 64-bit operating systems, processors and hardware that are now available. The Garritan ARIA player is also fully 32-bit compatible'.

I'm not really sure if that means the GPO 4 is 64-bit compatible (only) and ARIA is 32-bit compatible (only).

Or do you have the option of choosing either at the time of purchase/download?

Quote Originally Posted by joat View Post
    Hi Jacobus - Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at page 14 of the Manual. It says:

'Regarding 64-bit Computing

Garritan Personal Orchestra is 64-bit compatible and takes full advantage of the new 64-bit operating systems, processors and hardware that are now available. The Garritan ARIA player is also fully 32-bit compatible'.

I'm not really sure if that means the GPO 4 is 64-bit compatible (only) and ARIA is 32-bit compatible (only).
    Actually, ARIA Player itself is 32-bit or 64-bit compatible. (GPO 4 uses ARIA Player.) You even have the choice of launching either should your system support 64-bit.

ON EDIT: There's no separate downloads for 32 or 64-bit. It's all in one package.

O.K. Jacobus - Thanks very much for that.

Go Back to forum