• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which Yamaha Piano Sample for Pop?

Share/Bookmark

Which Yamaha Piano Sample for Pop?

Sorry guys, I know I heard a Yamaha piano sample library up here not too long ago that really sounded great for pop stuff...but I can\'t remember which one it is! I know the developer is someone who you can buy online from and download for Mac use.....anyone know which one this was/is?

Thanks!

Re: Which Yamaha Piano Sample for Pop?

Tom,

got to motifator.com enter the forums and do a search for Dave Polich. He is one of Yamaha\'s sound engineers and programmers.

Alan Russell

Tom -

Both Franky (at Vintaudio) and Michiel (Post) have excellent new Yamaha C7 libraries - they both have good demos on their sites. Check them out to see which one best suits your uses. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

From personal experience, I can only speak of the Vintaudio C7; I jumped for it based on it being recorded with three perspectives (ambient, close-miked, and a player\'s perpective) and also because it was available as direct Halion programming. (I know you use Kontakt - and Franky programmed the C7 directly for it as well.) Oh - and the demos really knocked me out.

I\'ve used it extensively (& regularly) for a while now - and I\'ve got to say it\'s the best sample set I own & use. We work pretty strictly within the \"pop\" medium (how do you define that?) - but the set works incredibly well as a solo piano as well. It\'s an absolute joy to play, and the damned thing sits marvelously within a mix. Frankly, it kicks royal booty . [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(When I get the bucks, I\'ll probably buy Michiel\'s as well - one can never own too many pianos.) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just my .02 US - and of course, your milage may vary.

Originally posted by x$:
    Tom -

Both Franky (at Vintaudio) and Michiel (Post) have excellent new Yamaha C7 libraries - they both have good demos on their sites. Check them out to see which one best suits your uses. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

From personal experience, I can only speak of the Vintaudio C7; I jumped for it based on it being recorded with three perspectives (ambient, close-miked, and a player\'s perpective) and also because it was available as direct Halion programming. (I know you use Kontakt - and Franky programmed the C7 directly for it as well.) Oh - and the demos really knocked me out.

I\'ve used it extensively (& regularly) for a while now - and I\'ve got to say it\'s the best sample set I own & use. We work pretty strictly within the \"pop\" medium (how do you define that?) - but the set works incredibly well as a solo piano as well. It\'s an absolute joy to play, and the damned thing sits marvelously within a mix. Frankly, it kicks royal booty . [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(When I get the bucks, I\'ll probably buy Michiel\'s as well - one can never own too many pianos.) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just my .02 US - and of course, your milage may vary.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey thanks, that\'s the one I remember liking a lot for contemporary stuff!

I\'m actually using Mach 5 and will be using GIGA again. Kontakt has not worked out well for me....first off because I went to OSX and it doesn\'t work in OSX, and secondly, because I could never get the disk streaming to work on my Mac. GIGA did all that effortlessly so I\'m in the process of buying another PC and starting the whole GIGA thing again.

Thanks for the pointer, and yes....Michiel\'s is really nice too for a different kind of thing....

Hate to be the one to ask, but what do you mean by pop? Carole King? The first Elton John album or Abbey Road or The Bangles? Sorry-I don\'t mean to seem insulting, but \"pop\" is an abbreviation for \"popular.\" If you give us a specific song on a specific album, we can give you a better response.

Go Back to forum