• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS or Kontakt best when using only one PC? and..

Share/Bookmark

GS or Kontakt best when using only one PC? and..

Hello!

Have anyone compared the performance of Kontakt and GigaStudio when pared with a sequencer (Sonar in my case) on a single computer. I\'ve been using Sonar and GS on the same computer for some time, but I can\'t get rid of frequent dropouts and clicking.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I do have a second computer I intended for GS dedicated use, but the drop in sound quality (old SBlive in 2nd PC [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] ) and increased noise was just too much..

I\'ve recently bought a couple of libraries (Scarbee rhodes and Vintaudio Yamaha [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (man, these are awsome!)).. Will the .nki files intended for the 24bit version of the instrument work with wavs extracted from the .gig files? I can get resonable upgrade deals, perhaps I\'m better off doing that..?.

A lot of questions at once, but what the heck!
    Thanks for any help on the subject! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: GS or Kontakt best when using only one PC? and..

Hey, how about buying the cheapest GSIF-compatible card you can get (Audiophile 2496 comes to mind), then run the audio back to your main computer digitally? No AD/DA conversion, and Gigastudio will benefit having its own machine.

Re: GS or Kontakt best when using only one PC? and..

Plundrik,

I run Sonar And Giga all in one Machine..My gear is listed on my website below icluding my song-arrangements. No problems at all..give a look.................................

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum