• Register
  • Help

Topic: SAM Horns vs Bigga Orchestral Brass.

SAM Horns vs Bigga Orchestral Brass.

I was just wanting people\'s opinions of the 2 sound libraries. I really need to get some quailty brass sounds into my compositions.

I have listerned to all the demos i can from both libraries and i\'m leaning towards SAM horns. However SAM horns has only samples from a french horn. Would this be a problem. Or will I love it so much i\'ll buy SAM trombones and trumpets when it comes out? However i don\'t think i\'ll have the money to outlay on all these sample cds.

I write music of many styles mainly based in film/game scoring. From action packed to slow romantic.

Please can people give there opinions on both these libraries. Do you have any or both of these?

Also can anyone recommend a percussion sample cd or library to buy. I have downloaded many demos and have found none that i really like enough to buy. Need BIG drum and timpai sounds as well as bongo sounds. Even sounds of metal and bells sounding. Full range of mainly natural percussion sounds. But really anything that sounds great.

Re: SAM Horns vs Bigga Orchestral Brass.

This is very general, but to me the Bigga Giggas has a more subdued, distant out-of-the-way. It is a great supporting type sound. Sits well in the mix...great for pads.

Sam, OTOH has a more in your face, solo type sound. Fantastic sound, best crescendos I know of.

BG is more versatile, Sam sounds better.

With both of these you get a lot of bang for your buck. Get both... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: SAM Horns vs Bigga Orchestral Brass.

I don\'t own either of these. (yet.)

But from demos, I, personally, have never heard a sampled sound that is as convincing to me as the products from Sam. They have my vote all the way.

Go Back to forum