• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA player

Share/Bookmark

ARIA player

Hi All - Can anyone help please! (I am tearing my hair out!)

Have downloaded GPO 4 - no problems. I can play the samples in the ARIA player - they sound good.
    But getting Reaper to recognise & play the samples via my keyboard ( MIDI connected) isn't proving at all easy. I've tried everything - according to the Reaper manual but to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem - or is it just me!

Re: ARIA player

Quote Originally Posted by joat View Post
    Hi All - Can anyone help please! (I am tearing my hair out!)

Have downloaded GPO 4 - no problems. I can play the samples in the ARIA player - they sound good.
    But getting Reaper to recognise & play the samples via my keyboard ( MIDI connected) isn't proving at all easy. I've tried everything - according to the Reaper manual but to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem - or is it just me!
    There are a variety of ways this problem shows up. So, you are not the first to have it, and that is good news because it has been solved--don't despaired.

Here are a few things to check. Make sure you have the input channel for MIDI assigned the same as your keyboard. Also, make sure you understand the CC1 (mod wheel) and how it works. On GPO4, many of the instruments won't play a sound until you move the mod wheel up. It acts as the volume (think breath or bowing force). Where the key velocity acts as an attack. So you can have a sharp attack with a quiet volume.

Those are the two most obvious things. You might put in a screen shot if this does not work.

Hi jdsnyderii - Thanks very much for the reply. As you can probably see, I'm very new to all of this, so I don't always understand the technical terms - but I am learning (slowly!).

When you say 'Make sure you have the input channel for MIDI assigned the same as your keyboard.' do you mean enabled as in OPTIONS/Preferences/MIDI Device?

(Sorry I don't think I am allowed to do a screenshot. Below it says I 'may not post attachments')

re Mod wheel - my problem is that I can't get the GPO samples or ARIA into the REAPER library of fx's. I have put the ARIA location into OPTIONS/Preferences/VST, and clicked Rescan, but without success.

Hi jdsnyderii - Thanks very much for the reply. As you can probably see, I'm very new to all of this, so I don't always understand the technical terms - but I am learning (slowly!).

When you say 'Make sure you have the input channel for MIDI assigned the same as your keyboard.' do you mean enabled as in OPTIONS/Preferences/MIDI Device?

(Sorry I don't think I am allowed to do a screenshot. Below it says I 'may not post attachments')

re Mod wheel - my problem is that I can't get the GPO samples or ARIA into the REAPER library of fx's. I have put the ARIA location into OPTIONS/Preferences/VST, and clicked Rescan, but without success.
    To post a screenshot, you need to upload it to a site, get its URL, then insert that by clicking the "insert picture" button.

ARIA isn't an "FX," it's a soft synth. You should have the .dll files for ARIA placed in the VST folder where all of your VSTs are kept - It sounds like maybe you didn't do that.

Then - well, yes, you're at the beginning of things and really need to start cracking that Reaper manual.

Randy

Hi Randy - Thanks very much for your comments.

You should have the .dll files for ARIA placed in the VST folder where all of your VSTs are kept - It sounds like maybe you didn't do that.
    I did actually have the ARIA files in my VSL folder & I had put the destination in OPTIONS/Preferences/VST
    but I double checked again last night and (!!!) the box was empty. I guess I must have somehow turned it off by mistake?

Anyway all seems to be working as it should now & I am happily playing the Garritan sounds through my keyboard so many thanks All for the good advice.

...all seems to be working as it should now & I am happily playing the Garritan sounds through my keyboard so many thanks All for the good advice.
    Great! Thanks for letting us know things are working for you now, Joat.

Randy

Go Back to forum