• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Delay In Aria with Midi Keyboard

Share/Bookmark

Delay In Aria with Midi Keyboard

When I try to play Aria with my midi keyboard there is a delay. Please help me or my life is over as I know it. (Just kidding... um, not really.)
    ~Rodney

Re: Delay In Aria with Midi Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    When I try to play Aria with my midi keyboard there is a delay. Please help me or my life is over as I know it. (Just kidding... um, not really.)
    ~Rodney
    This is when playing ARIA inside a host program, right?-- You're just describing latency, the eternal plague of working with software synths. You'll always have some, but you can correct enough that you won't really notice.

The smaller the buffer sizes the less latency you'll have. In Sonar, under the Audio Options, you access your interface's controls to set the buffers so you have the shortest setting possible that your computer can handle. I have mine set at 3.9 milliseconds - You need to try to keep it at least under 10.

Sounds like you haven't played ARIA with your keyboard before, Rodney?

Randy

Stupid Facebook put 6 viruses on my new computer, and we had to reimage my computer. Everything was great except the Aria player's delay. I have played the Aria as a stand alone every day not just in another program. Funny thing is there was no delay with the Aria Player when used with Finale.
    ~Rodney

Stupid Facebook put 6 viruses on my new computer, and we had to reimage my computer. Everything was great except the Aria player's delay. I have played the Aria as a stand alone every day not just in another program. Funny thing is there was no delay with the Aria Player when used with Finale.
    ~Rodney
    ----!!---- Viruses--actual for-real VIRUSES from Facebook--? Re-image your computer? OMG-- I would've gone insane! I've never heard of such a thing -- what the...?

Playing ARIA in stand alone is different than using it for projects in DAW software, and it's different yet when used in Finale.

I'm not clear if you mean that you were trying ARIA in a recording program for the first time, or if suddenly you're having a delay in stand alone--?

Randy

We had to reinstall the operation system, but Dan has a server that can deploy a new one quickly.
    ~Rodney

Delay in stand alone.

We had to reinstall the operation system, but Dan has a server that can deploy a new one quickly.
    ~Rodney
    wow--But this is so mysterious to me still - Viruses from FB---?

And let me know what you mean about the delay - still not clear what you mean.

Randy

Didn't see your new post when I posted last--Delay in stand alone. OK, that Is hinky. Hmmmm. Keep us posted.

--Viruses from FB-- if you have any more info on that too, could be Very helpful.

EDIT: I don't mean I haven't heard of viruses coming from FB - but only with from those iffy plug-ins, weird links etc - I guess some of that is hard to avoid. I'm a wuss when it comes to FB - I stick to just replying to friends, posting things I might find online etc. - If you have details to share later on, Rodney, that'd be great.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Didn't see your new post when I posted last--Delay in stand alone. OK, that Is hinky. Hmmmm. Keep us posted.

--Viruses from FB-- if you have any more info on that too, could be Very helpful.

Randy
    Viruses in Facebook, let me see... do you remember when Facebook had fun little quizzes you could take? Well one popped up on one of my friend's I clicked on it, and then it ate my security protection, but it is all good now, and the Aria player works great now with the smaller buffer size.
    ~Rodney

Viruses in Facebook, let me see... do you remember when Facebook had fun little quizzes you could take? Well one popped up on one of my friend's I clicked on it, and then it ate my security protection, but it is all good now, and the Aria player works great now with the smaller buffer size.
    ~Rodney
    Hey--Good! Your ARIA's behaving now - sounds like everything's all worked out. What a relief--What a horror story though!

OK - I'll continue to be supremely boringly safe on FB!

Randy

Go Back to forum