• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA Player Version 1.5 Stops Working when using CAKEWALK Dimesion Pro

Share/Bookmark

ARIA Player Version 1.5 Stops Working when using CAKEWALK Dimesion Pro

I just installed ARIA player ver 1.5. (I was on ver 1.1.2.8) To my surprise the player now gives you the ability to bring in third party sofware. I OK'd that and it brought in CAKEWALK Dimension Pro (I have CAKEWALK SONAR X1 Producer Expanded). Everything woks great except when I select anything out of Dimension Pro ARIA gives me the pop up window saying ARIA has quite working. I contacted MakeMusic technical support and they say they don't have a copy of Dimension Pro so they can't test it and referred me to the Northern Sounds forum. Anybody have any fixes or suggestions? Thanks so much.....

Re: ARIA Player Version 1.5 Stops Working when using CAKEWALK Dimesion Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rbassman98003 View Post
    I just installed ARIA player ver 1.5. (I was on ver 1.1.2.8) To my surprise the player now gives you the ability to bring in third party sofware. I OK'd that and it brought in CAKEWALK Dimension Pro (I have CAKEWALK SONAR X1 Producer Expanded). Everything woks great except when I select anything out of Dimension Pro ARIA gives me the pop up window saying ARIA has quite working. I contacted MakeMusic technical support and they say they don't have a copy of Dimension Pro so they can't test it and referred me to the Northern Sounds forum. Anybody have any fixes or suggestions? Thanks so much.....
    Hmmm. Well, my suggestion is to not open Dim Pro instruments that way. You lose all the controls for Dim program files when you open them in ARIA anyway. I feel you're better off just inserting Dim as another synth in your project, and not trying to squeeze it open in ARIA.

Randy

Hello

I can run the Dimension Pro SFZ fine here (although I dont have it from X1 but from the separate product)

Would it be possible to run "Generate Logs" from the ARIA Player folder, and copy the resulting 'Aria Logs (yourname).tar.gz' file created on your desktop to someplace i can access to, if you dont have a place to upload files, please send me a pm
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Hello David,
    Sorry I haven't responded to your thread. After the last response I got I just gave up and didn't care if I came back out here. Anyway, I don't know how to "Generate Logs" out of ARIA. If you'll tell me how to do that we'll give it a shot. I saw another person out here that was having no problems with his... Let me know what I need to do to get the information you are looking for..

Thanks so much..... Bob

Hello David,
    Sorry I haven't responded to your thread. After the last response I got I just gave up and didn't care if I came back out here. Anyway, I don't know how to "Generate Logs" out of ARIA. If you'll tell me how to do that we'll give it a shot. I saw another person out here that was having no problems with his... Let me know what I need to do to get the information you are looking for..

Thanks so much..... Bob
    Hi, Bob - To generate the logs David requested use your computer's Start Menu > All Programs > Garritan ARIA Player -then you'll see "Generate Logs."

Then contact David by PM to arrange a way to get the logs to him.

When you say you didn't want to come back here, I hope you're not referring to my response to you earlier on this thread, but I have the impression that you must be.--- I'm sorry if that's the case - I suggested you just use Dim Pro's interface instead of trying to open its instruments in ARIA because I really do think that's the best method. That's what I do. Dim Pro has a lot of controls in its interface which aren't available if you just open its SFZ files in ARIA. So - I was telling you what I do, since I know it works.

My response sure wasn't meant as a brush off, it was meant to be helpful so you could get back to your work!

Randy

When selecting Start Menu > All Programs > Garritan ARIA Player - I do not see "Generate Logs." All I can do is open ARIA player when selecting it..

When selecting Start Menu > All Programs > Garritan ARIA Player - I do not see "Generate Logs." All I can do is open ARIA player when selecting it..
    Hello again, rbassman - It's possible that you're using the search bar at the Start Menu instead of clicking All Programs.

On Windows 7, here's what the windows are for getting to the "Generate Logs" icon:

Randy

I was just selecting the program...Found the Generate logs and now have the file... Thanks for your help...

I was just selecting the program...Found the Generate logs and now have the file... Thanks for your help...
    Waiting for a copy of DP 1.5+ (with flac'ed files) to try it out.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum