• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL solo strings

Share/Bookmark

VSL solo strings

Why isn\'t there a solo Cello, a solo Viola and a Solo Contrabass in the VSL?

Re: VSL solo strings

There are more orchestral instruments which don\'t appear in the VSL. I think an orchestral library at that price should be complete with about all possible orchestral instruments.

The Pro edition has solo violin and solo cello.

It\'s very logical the First edition couldn\'t be complete yet, as it already took two years to get that far. And with long terms like that you can\'t just continue finishing it, blindfolded, without doing intermediate releases, as technique changes, markets change, user demands change. Income needs to be generated. They have a 40+ crew, excluding the orchestra. And a release generates healthy feedback to improve new material.

Maarten

VSL has a solo violin and and solo cello. From what I understood, solo viola and bass are supposed to be available a little later at a little cost for registered users.

Originally posted by Luigi:
    There are more orchestral instruments which don\'t appear in the VSL. I think an orchestral library at that price should be complete with about all possible orchestral instruments.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">VSL Pro Edition is the most complete orchestral library in term of instruments and articulations... I don\'t see why you would make such a statement...

cant please everyone [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It is a huge library, but the price is also huge. That\'s why I\'m critical on it. But I see it\'s a continuous development. More instruments, articulations, etc. are added in future I understand.
    Baroque instruments like a lute, a viola da gamba, a recorder etc. should also be in a symphonic orchestra for playing baroque music.

The new Pro Edition includes the solo-instruments you asked for; just hop to vsl.co.at and listen to the latest demos, if you like.

Baroque and ancient instruments are certainly on our list, as well as many other exciting stuff, but our primary goal right now is to complete the \"classic\" romantic symphonic orchestra, in sections as well as with a multitude of solo-instruments.

Our Forum contains already a healthy lot of information on these topics, BTW; feel invited to go there for further reading and asking your questions.

All the best,

I\'d really like to buy the VSL library if it weren\'t so expensive.

Originally posted by Luigi:
    I\'d really like to buy the VSL library if it weren\'t so expensive.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'d really like a Lexus as well, but whining about the price isn\'t going to help.

It appears to be expensive because you\'re buying everything at once. But if you add up creating an orchestra from other independent libraries, you\'re really spending more.

However, since the VSL is available in sections, why not buy it that way. For example, buy VSL First Edition Strings, then upgrade to Pro Edition, etc.

Go Back to forum