• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Celtic RPG demo - V2.1

Share/Bookmark

Celtic RPG demo - V2.1

http://www.samhulick.com/Celtic_2.1.mp3

Harp should be better now. \"Lurching\" strings fixed by stretching the duration to overlap the subsequent notes.

I still might cut that ending and try something totally different.. however, time is a-ticking and I don\'t have forever to sit around and tweak this thing to death.

Re: Celtic RPG demo - V2.1

sounds much better...nice and polished...no jumps in strings...so you fixed it..

Unfortunatly the composition is still really nothing special...

too bad you don\'t know what to do with that harp..

Alex

Hi Sam,

I like the new harmonies you\'ve added.

If you do decide to make it longer, I\'d definitely want to hear some more of the percussion.

By the way, it sounds to me like there\'s a missing 8th note with the harp on the third beat of the fourth measure. I\'m not sure if you intended that or not but it\'s not sounding right to me when I listen.

In my opinion, this is shaping up to be a beautiful piece.

Hey Alex, why not give him some suggestions on what to do with that harp? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If I heard this in a game I\'d be like, hey this game has some really classy music. There\'s nothing wrong with the piece IMO, and if you\'d want to stress the presence of that theme, just repeat it or something like that.

Good job [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I second that one, Paul.

Originally posted by Tamino:
    Hey Alex, why not give him some suggestions on what to do with that harp? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I did, in his previous post...

So do your reading before you roll your eyes on me...ok?

AlEx

Originally posted by Paulh:
    If I heard this in a game I\'d be like, hey this game has some really classy music. There\'s nothing wrong with the piece IMO, and if you\'d want to stress the presence of that theme, just repeat it or something like that.

Good job [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I second part of that too...
    There\'s nothing wrong with the piece, and that\'s about it.

Very nice production, good mocking up...
    As I said before the overall production quality will put you a few notches above the majority...

AlEx

Alex,

It makes no sense to tell him \"too bad you don\'t know what to do with that harp\" if you\'ve already given him suggestions. And I have previously read the comments you refer to.

What exactly is your problem with ascending/descending arpeggios? If you\'re hearing a metronome, you\'ve got to be pretty tone deaf.

I can tell you one thing: your stabs at the quality of the composition aren\'t really justified and I\'m pretty sure nobody appreciates it. I\'ve yet to see you make a valid argument about it.

Originally posted by Tamino:
    Alex,

It makes no sense to tell him \"too bad you don\'t know what to do with that harp\" if you\'ve already given him suggestions. And I have previously read the comments you refer to.

What exactly is your problem with ascending/descending arpeggios? If you\'re hearing a metronome, you\'ve got to be pretty tone deaf.

I can tell you one thing: your stabs at the quality of the composition aren\'t really justified and I\'m pretty sure nobody appreciates it. I\'ve yet to see you make a valid argument about it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">First of all congratulations on your 11th post and welcome to the board..

Why would my personal opinion about Sam\'s composing in this piece be a \"stab\"?

And to answer your question, I don\'t have a problem with ascending/descending arpeggios in general, it is just my personal opinion that in this piece they don\'t work that great. Too obvious, ordinary and unimaginative.

The metronome, well I don\'t think I\'m tone deff, and people who know my music would aggree on this, maybe you have no clue what I\'m talking about.

Wether or not nobody appreciates my coments it\'s hard to say relly...some do, most probablly not because I allways forget to rap them around in cotton candy before I post!

Mr. Hulick knows that he is good, he also knows that this piece is so-so and that he can do better, otherwise he would have wraped it up and sent it days ago.

Oh and if you want to continue flaming with me we shuold do it on a new thread in an off topic disscusion.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

ALex

Go Back to forum