• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New piece posted

New piece posted

Hi all,

I have posted a new song I composed yesterday for solo instrument + guitar. I\'m still on my 500mhz computer so sorry in advance for the sound quality.

Here\'s the link: http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/solo&guitar_mix.mp3

As always, comments are appreciated etc.

Btw. if anybody need demo composer, I\'m now available.

Re: New piece posted

What\'s the best guitar lib today?

What, no comments?

Hi Sharmy,

thanks for you comments! This is my first piece which is composed for guitar + solo, so it\'s great to hear that the guitar part sounds ok.

What about the flute? How did that part sound?

Any comments about the mix?

I wonder if this piece is too bad for most here to comment on. Hmmm... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

And I thought it were sweet, well back to the drawing board. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

No seriously, common guys I know there must be some advice you have on mixing, swells in the flute etc. I\'m still just a nOOb (Counter-Strike anyone? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) and trying to learn from the masters. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I like it. The music sounds nice and pretty. What flute and guitar did you use?

Would you mind emailing me the MIDI file? I would to try my flute and guitar that I have.

Hi Falcon, I thought it was a very nice piece. I thought the flute actually dipped a little too low in volume a couple of times, I know this is generally good from the point of view that it gives more expression but I wanted to hear the melody all the way through.

Anyway, you asked for some comments and that was what came to mind. Nothing too serious. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Falcon,
    to me this is some kind of Bach-style Aria. Not, bad, I think you would have got a nice grade in university. I like the guitare (with one of those typical Bach-motifs), is indeed \"sweet\". Now the melodie seems a bit ordinary, but that\'s because I compare it to Bach of course (where every note of the main melodie is incredible beatiful), though there are some nice melodic figures. But the phrasing of the flute is *horrible*! Too much contrast of dynamics. Nothing natural here. This is defenitly the weakest point.

Thanks guys! Now I feel much better. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The guitar is just a soundfont from Cadenza soundbank I think. The flute is from Francis Belardino.
    I can (I think) put it up in Scorch format for you, I think you can then print it out. Would you like that?

Thanks, yes it does get too low couple of times. I agree.

Thanks for comparing with Bach, I take that as an compliment. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Phrasing - Wow! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks for being honest. I\'ll take another look on that and post hopefully better phrasing version soon. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Falcon1 wrote:
    Thanks for comparing with Bach, I take that as an compliment.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well I guess as an organist you\'re doomed [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Go Back to forum