• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Got Trilogy

Got Trilogy

Friends, I\'m in a real procrastitory mood today, so I decided I should take a trip to my local music store (even though I have a serious deadline in the morning). Well, much to my shock and dismay (well not really I knew they had it before I walked in) they happen to have just one copy of trilogy sitting on the shelf. Humm.... I thought to myself. just one copy... they might sell it (even though it\'s been there for 3 weeks). So I bought it. Basically because my lust finally overtook me. All I can say is WOW. I\'m in heaven! I still don\'t want to work but at least when I do want to work I\'ll enjoy what I\'m working with! How COOOL is this program! Eric and the gang have completely out done yourselves.

All I can say now is, if you could get me some awesome Guitar samples so that sound this good.....!

I can\'t wait \'til my lust overtakes me and I get Atmostpheres..... oh yea baby! Then I\'ll have all 3 (stylus got me the week it came out).

(BTW, if EWQLSO were less then $500 I\'d pounce on it too, but I want the whole thing and I need a new G5 so much more then I need a new orchestra... Although I\'d love both!)

Re: Got Trilogy

If Eric is working on a Guitar instrument that will be as good as Trilogy is at bass...

SH T!!!!
    Like qlstrat wasn\'t already amazing! Nick sampled a strat that sounds way better than mine does.

I do a lot of sessions simply because composers CAN\"T get those guitaristic things at the moment.

I hope that Eric is up to ANYTHING ELSE with the next release!

COOOL J......very glad to hear you like Trilogy!

I like the fact that you guys are pushing Spectrum to do the guitar next. Makes me feel not alone anymore.

Alex Cremers

I would donate parts of my anatomy for a Spectrasonics Lead Guitar plug-in with ADSR and CC controls like Atmosphere. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW Jim, I\'m sure you already know but Atmosphere rocks!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I\'m using Trilogy almost everyday.. and to be honest I use Stylus and Atmosphere every day too. Specially Atmosphere.. funny thing is that I\'m still discovering new sounds and new ways to use it.

A guitar VSTi from Spectrasonics would rock!!! Lets hope that Santa Persing will give us that one day. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

How bout a Stylus type drum program but including backbeat and retro funk type grooves?

Brian -

Yes, Trilogy is awesome !

Also, if you don\'t have Atmosphere, buy it NOW... you will not regret it. Atmosphere is \"inspiration in a box\", whatever music you make.

I agree that a guitar-plug with the quality of Trilogy would be a \"must buy\", so let\'s all pray for the good old Eric to get his magic fingers into it... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also, a piano plug with direct and ambient micing as different layers, would be a must buy, as well as a drum-kit plug with direct & ambient micing (not loops, but a multitude of gorgeous drums).

I work with Trilogy daily - and every day it just keeps blowing me away.

As is, as much as I\'d like to see a guitar VSTi from Eric, I foresee one problem (speaking as a guitarist):

How the hell is it possible to model decent feedback and/or distorted sustain that could also be user-controllable?

(Okay... so I\'m an aging punk. I admit it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Still, anything that keeps me from whipping out my Blues Twin & scaring the neighbors would probably be welcome around here... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Have to throw in my lil discovery of Trilogy that has made it better than what I thought. Turn off the low pass filters on the synth basses, and they make KILLER lead synths! Give it a whirl, I love \'em!

Go Back to forum