• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clouds to Water (working title)

Share/Bookmark

Clouds to Water (working title)

I've decided to start creating some meditative style videos that hopefully don't put people to sleep.
    Here's the audio for the first (still a little rough maybe)...I used all IO and GPO except Z3ta 2 for some percussive stuff, Cinematic Strings 2 and a sub-bass synth from DimPro to enhance the low end.
    If anyone's interested I'll post the YT link when the video is finished.
    Thanks very much,
    GRB
    I took the soundclick link off because it was pretty crappy ....here's the piece with video too...I think it sounds better

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yJM0S8M7lc" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Re: Clouds to Water (working title)

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    I've decided to start creating some meditative style videos that hopefully don't put people to sleep...
    Randy "GRB"! You made it to the Festival after all - Excellent!

"Clouds to Water" - I like that title. I like the music even more - Rich, and nicely realized. You're juggling that combination of libraries very expertly. The directness of the music is handled with confidence and taste - I'm listening a 2nd time as I type - aaaah, the nice pizz coming in around 4:00. Much to admire in this.

---side note: dang Soundclick and the ads it runs at the top of MP3 players as we listen. Currently, as I play your music, there's a super inappropriate ad for something called "L!2k it, F@$K It, S%@K It" - unbelievable. Sorry, but I gave up on Soundclick years ago because of those ads and their crappy sound compression.

Ending on a good note again - THANK you - this is beautiful. OH, and in response to the quote from you I pulled out at the top - meditative, "New Age" music Can put people to sleep, but that's OK! - Really - to have that much of a calming effect is one reason a lot of people like that sort of thing.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Randy "GRB"! You made it to the Festival after all - Excellent!

"Clouds to Water" - I like that title. I like the music even more - Rich, and nicely realized. You're juggling that combination of libraries very expertly. The directness of the music is handled with confidence and taste - I'm listening a 2nd time as I type - aaaah, the nice pizz coming in around 4:00. Much to admire in this.

---side note: dang Soundclick and the ads it runs at the top of MP3 players as we listen. Currently, as I play your music, there's a super inappropriate ad for something called "L!2k it, F@$K It, S%@K It" - unbelievable. Sorry, but I gave up on Soundclick years ago because of those ads and their crappy sound compression.

Ending on a good note again - THANK you - this is beautiful. OH, and in response to the quote from you I pulled out at the top - meditative, "New Age" music Can put people to sleep, but that's OK! - Really - to have that much of a calming effect is one reason a lot of people like that sort of thing.

Randy
    Thanks Randy, that means a lot coming from you bud...I uploaded the video to YT ...maybe the title will make sense EDIT please see top post

This was an excellent piece. The composition was nice and warm and gave me a nice relaxation kind of feel. I loved the piano and strings in this. Thanks for the share!

Regards,

Richard

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Thanks very much, that's very kind guys!

I really enjoyed listening to this! I was wondering why you felt this was relaxing at first. I felt the first half was quite upbeat, but you certainly mellowed it out for the second half, and then I understood

Very nice piece you have here, thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    ......I uploaded the video to YT ...maybe the title will make sense EDIT please see top post
    Thank goodness my auto email from the Forum still works. The new responses brought me back to see the video version. Super nice! Much better to use YouTube than Soundclick, even if you just have a place card image up like Richard "sururick" does.

Hey - sending you a PM about this, so look for that.

Thanks GRB!

Randy

Go Back to forum