• Register
  • Help

Topic: Extended Classical Choir-Best Service

Share/Bookmark

Extended Classical Choir-Best Service

Anybody using this? Opinions? I like VOTA, but it sounds a little dramatic for me. I want something I can mix in with some up-tempo traditional gospel tracks to get a bigger sound. Just wondering how this would fit in.

Re: Extended Classical Choir-Best Service

If you mean \"loud\" and \"agressive\" by dramatic, I think you want to go for Symphony of Voices and not Classical Choir. The soft samples in SoV are warmer and wider than in CC. That\'s why I use SoV for soft passages, and CC to put on top if I need more \"agression\". VotA would work for that too, of course, but I don\'t own that one.

Best,

Maarten

I think he means \"high in drama\" film like.

I would suggest SOV pads.

Or,

http://www.ilio.com/spectrasonics/vocalplanet/reviews.html

Go there. Vocal Planet has the sound you want.

I called the VOTA a dramatic type sound because it sound like something you would hear in a heavy drama type film. It\'s actually NOT the sound I\'m after.

I need something that will be used in a backing vocal track for a soloist, and I\'m trying to get a big church choir sound, yet keep it in the background. I\'m thinking the Sym of voices would be ideal, but I\'ll have to translate it.

The Vocal Planet sounds very interesting...it would probably work, although it goes in a little different direction than what I had in mind...but thanks for the link...it\'s definetly something I would like to have in my library.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions.

Anytime [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by sporter:
    I called the VOTA a dramatic type sound because it sound like something you would hear in a heavy drama type film. It\'s actually NOT the sound I\'m after.

I need something that will be used in a backing vocal track for a soloist, and I\'m trying to get a big church choir sound, yet keep it in the background. I\'m thinking the Sym of voices would be ideal, but I\'ll have to translate it.

The Vocal Planet sounds very interesting...it would probably work, although it goes in a little different direction than what I had in mind...but thanks for the link...it\'s definetly something I would like to have in my library.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Translate to what?
    As for as I know SoV and CC are both in AKAI format, or other \"old-fashioned\" formats.

Or is there a Giga version of CC?

Yeah check out Vocal Planet too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maarten

CCE Classical Choris Extended

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by sporter:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Translate to what?
    As for as I know SoV and CC are both in AKAI format, or other \"old-fashioned\" formats.

Yeah check out Vocal Planet too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maarten
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I didn\'t see a Giga version of SoV, so it would have to be translated from Akai.

I did see a Giga version of CC, so no translation nessecary.

Am I missing something?

There is a Giga version of ECC but there is not a Giga version of SOV. You can convert it to Giga via Chicken System software.

Low cost and easy.

I use both Extended CC & VOTA, albeit translated from Giga to Halion - and I wish I had SOV as well... maybe one of these days...

I use VOTA as my bread and butter choir - the main passages - and I use CC for more upfront FX - heck, I\'ve even used the CC \"Zzzmmmmm\", albeit only once... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, VOTA & CC do mix well together - but in such cases, I\'d be careful how much of the CC you use in this context, as it is more of an upfront/in-your-face sound.

Go Back to forum