• Register
  • Help

Topic: GIO: No demos available at garritan.com?

Share/Bookmark

GIO: No demos available at garritan.com?

Gentlemen,
    maybe it's me loosing control on my brain, but I can't find demos of Instant Orchestra at garritan.com website.
    It laconically states that "Here are demos using Garritan Instant Orchestra. We hope you enjoy them and find the creative possibilities enticing and exciting". But where are they?
    Please, give a little help to this mean italian musician looking for a broader Garritan sound palette!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: GIO: No demos available at garritan.com?

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Gentlemen,
    maybe it's me loosing control on my brain, but I can't find demos of Instant Orchestra at garritan.com website.
    It laconically states that "Here are demos using Garritan Instant Orchestra. We hope you enjoy them and find the creative possibilities enticing and exciting". But where are they?
    Please, give a little help to this mean italian musician looking for a broader Garritan sound palette!
    I checked on the site, Fabio - and the demos are showing up for me, directly under the text you quote. I wonder if this is a Flash plug-in related issue? I do notice that for some reason the IO info page has been redesigned, and the demos aren't in the self-contained MP3 player like for the other Libraries. Instead, they're listed on the page individually.

But here, on the page you went to, I see a long list of MP3 demos by Robert Davis and myself, and under those are links to my IO video tutorials at You Tube:

IO Info and demo page

Randy

Hi Randy.
    Must be a plug-in issue, as you pointed out.
    Three different browsers but no one shows the demos.
    I'll try tonight when at home from my own Mac running an older version of everything.
    Thank you.

Ps. Don't worry. I will not go VSL just because I can listen to the demos there
    Fabio

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Hi Randy.
    Must be a plug-in issue, as you pointed out.
    Three different browsers but no one shows the demos.
    I'll try tonight when at home from my own Mac running an older version of everything.
    Thank you.

Ps. Don't worry. I will not go VSL just because I can listen to the demos there
    Yeah, hmmm, not sure what the deal is. I wrote to Tony, the webmaster, in case he has helpful info on that.

I looked at the source code for the IO page, and a lot of plug-ins are listed - like Flash, Windowmedia, Quicktime, Realmedia, Shockwave - looks like that code is trying to cover all the bases.

But I would have to guess that the office computer you're currently on doesn't have what's needed to display those demos. Office machines are often stripped of some plug-ins we take for granted, to help discourage --ahem-- web surfing while at work.

Randy

Office machines are often stripped of some plug-ins we take for granted, to help discourage --ahem-- web surfing while at work.
    Even if you want to look at a website that must be granted as a U.N. Human Heritage one like garritan.com

Edit -- Demos are at the bottom of the main IO page below the replied phrase I quoted before (èlaced at the top of the page)
    Fabio

Go Back to forum