• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Warrior's Tale - Short Film Score using nearly all Garritan Instruments

Share/Bookmark

A Warrior's Tale - Short Film Score using nearly all Garritan Instruments

This is a short film underscore (I think this is the right term) I did in collaboration with a friend of mine; I did the music and he did the video. It uses almost all GPO4 and GIO (excluding the Duduk but I did use the JABB3 breaths during the Duduk parts for effect), and I was very happy with the quality that can be achieved using these libraries. The content is of a religious nature but seeing that so much of the forum music comes from these origins, it seemed fitting to post as part of the summer fest. The Duduk is from Best Service Desert Winds.

A Warrior's Tale

Re: A Warrior's Tale - Short Film Score using nearly all Garritan Instruments

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Very well done, Jim - You said, "...I was very happy with the quality that can be achieved using these libraries..." and you should be very happy indeed with the quality you achieved. You had very good tools, the GPO/IO combination, but all of us here know that tools are just the prerequisite, the starting point - it's our imagination and expertise that leads to great results like you have here.

You kept the underscoring driving, but in a way that wasn't competitive with the narration and visuals, and always appropriately enhancing the mood of the film.

That must've been a very fun project to work on. How long would you say it took you?

Exciting event you've added to the Festival - Thank you so much.

Randy

I can only agree with everything stated in the above comments.

Great video.

Bravo.

Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Very well done, Jim - You said, "...I was very happy with the quality that can be achieved using these libraries..." and you should be very happy indeed with the quality you achieved. You had very good tools, the GPO/IO combination, but all of us here know that tools are just the prerequisite, the starting point - it's our imagination and expertise that leads to great results like you have here.

You kept the underscoring driving, but in a way that wasn't competitive with the narration and visuals, and always appropriately enhancing the mood of the film.

That must've been a very fun project to work on. How long would you say it took you?

Exciting event you've added to the Festival - Thank you so much.

Randy
    Thanks Randy, Fabio, and Michael. It was a fun project. An estimate is between 32 and 36 hours. So, if you go by the Alexander Publishing standard (2 minutes / day), it should have taken about 2 day (i.e. 16 hours). Since it took me about 32, I guess I am working at half commercial speed, and I am happy with that number.

Jim

Hello Jim! I agree with everyone else that the production on this is quite good! The music really does a great job of setting the tone for this and complements the video wonderfully! Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Fantastic underscore. I love the duduk. It gives the music such a humble religious tone in my opinion. Well done.
    My Music - https://soundcloud.com/davidrhepworth-1
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Skippy

Quote Originally Posted by davidrhepworth View Post
    Fantastic underscore. I love the duduk. It gives the music such a humble religious tone in my opinion. Well done.
    Thanks Michael and David. I did enjoy the work. I picked the duduk to help set the tone of the piece and it seems to work. And welcome to the forum David ( it says you are a new member ).

Glad you borh enjoyed the piece.

Jim,
    I certainly add my voice to the chorus of praise--great in conception and execution.
    And my appreciation for the whole production goes well beyond the music .

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Jim,
    I certainly add my voice to the chorus of praise--great in conception and execution.
    And my appreciation for the whole production goes well beyond the music .

Snor
    Thanks Snorlax (aka Jim)

I passed along your comments and they were much appreciated. Thanks for the listen and the kind words.

Jim

Go Back to forum