• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yahoo mail problem today, 7/31/2012

Share/Bookmark

Yahoo mail problem today, 7/31/2012

EDIT: 11:19 AM Pacific Time 7/31/12 Yahoo Mail's back up - All is swell.
    ------------------(original message below)------------------------
    It would be helpful if other Yahoo mail users could let me know if they're having any problems with the service today, July 31, 2012.

When I use my toolbar icon, I get a pop-up saying "Welcome to Yahoo email"--a list of improvements, and a box to check for agreeing to the TOS. After clicking it, I briefly see what looks like an empty mail page, but the same pop-up immediately comes up again - "Welcome..."

It has to be a system wide problem, at least in my part of the U.S. (northwest) - but it makes me nervous, since I rely on Yahoo mail for some important business correspondence. My icon shows I have a new message, one I've been waiting for - Gotta get to it!

Anyone else with problems?

Randy

Re: Yahoo mail problem today, 7/31/2012

one of my alternate accounts is a Yahoo.ca account, and it does seem to be suffering some sort of problem today.

Thanks for the fast report, Michel - That sounds like it could be related. Yahoo isn't my main email account, but it's become very critical for me to keep it - Fingers crossed they're having a problem related to their upgrade, and that they'll soon clear it up. I'll try not to fret! Thanks again.

Randy

I just checked my Yahoo mail and everything is working just fine.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I just checked my Yahoo mail and everything is working just fine.
    Thanks for checking, Rich - As usual when there are problems like this, not all servers are effected. But as per the bulletin board link I just posted, I'm content now knowing that other people are having the exact same problem as me. It's not as if everyone in the whole country is effected though.

Hope they get it up again soon - anxious about the business email waiting for me!

Randy

Randy, I ran into that problem yesterday. I have a couple Yahoo accounts and I couldn't figure out what was going on. It kept coming up with a prompt saying something like "Welcome to the New Updated Version of Yahoo" and kept asking me to click on this other prompt saying I agree with all of their legal stuff. After some reluctance I clicked on it which gave me another screen which then said that site was not accessible. It just kept coming back to the same prompt. I finally closed it down. Later last night when I tried to get on Yahoo it was like everything was back to normal. Go figure. Weird stuff but it made me worry someone was trying to take control of my accounts.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Randy, I ran into that problem yesterday. I have a couple Yahoo accounts and I couldn't figure out what was going on. It kept coming up with a prompt saying something like "Welcome to the New Updated Version of Yahoo" and kept asking me to click on this other prompt saying I agree with all of their legal stuff. After some reluctance I clicked on it which gave me another screen which then said that site was not accessible. It just kept coming back to the same prompt. I finally closed it down. Later last night when I tried to get on Yahoo it was like everything was back to normal. Go figure. Weird stuff but it made me worry someone was trying to take control of my accounts.
    Yes, you described precisely the same thing that happened to me.

Even before the problem was fixed, what reassured me was to see that people all over the internet were reporting exactly the same problem. Yahoo did an update to their email, but there was a major glitch in the system. I can picture the tech staff pulling their hair out for a few hours while they worked it all out.

Once my email was working again, I was very happy to see that the important business correspondence I was waiting for was indeed in my in box!

Randy

Go Back to forum