• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PMI YAMAHA C7 released

PMI YAMAHA C7 released

The new Grandioso YAMAHA C7 is finally released. We also finally updated our website with some great new demos, including the Purgatory test. Listen HERE!
    The library is available in our on-line shop with an introduction offer of $195 (expiring June 23th). We have the Giga-version on 1 DVD. Kontakt release will follow soon and CD-versions will be avilable too.

You can find more info about our products and the on-line shop on our PMI website

Have fun!
    Michiel Post

Re: PMI YAMAHA C7 released

I\'m not crazy about the low pass filtered version, but otherwise these demos are the best Yamaha sample I\'ve ever heard.

You really know how to nail down the TONE and COLOUR of a piano!

Well thank you John for the compliment!

I just try to make the most realistic piano sample possible. In case of the Yamaha C7 this was rather easy as this piano is very bright and even, so our programming was limited. The Maple/Grandioso FX plug-in does the rest.

Michiel Post

Will the people who own a PMI Piano library, also get a price reduction when buying this one?

Yes the special offer for registered GRANDIOSO owners is added (special price $165).

We also added the Kontakt versions (24 bit) on DVD or multiple cd\'s and the Giga version on CD\'s.
    Michiel Post

Michiel - what are the system requirements for the Kontakt version in terms of RAM? I have a 2.4 GHz + 512MB RDRAM. Will this be enough or will I need to increase my RAM?

System requirements for the Kontakt setup?
    I\'m playing at this very moment on my \"worst case\" system: PII, 866 MHz, 511 MB RAM, ASUS SUSL2 MOBO, and still get 40 stereo voices, with release samples with the disk streaming enabled.

If you disable streaming you would need a full 2 GB RAM, though that would -in theary- give you the full 250 voices.

Michiel Post

System requirements for the Kontakt setup?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">System requirements for playing the instrument are one thing. Doing a mixdown, in a host such as Cubase SX is another thing.

This week I got the 16-bit Kontakt version of the PMI Bosendorfer. With the GStudio version, I can use the capture function, and then import the track into Cubase, and all is well.

With Kontakt, there is no capture function, so hence the need to do a mixdown. I\'ve discovered that I don\'t have the horsepower to do this successfully.

So, now I\'m going to upgrade my computer - which will provide other benefits, as well. I like the Kontakt version much better. Better filters etc. (And of course, I will want to run the 24-bit version, which will require even more horsepower.)

My son is pleased by this development, since he has \"designs\" on my old system!

I can\'t wait to own this library.

I own your grandioso steinway set but I purchased it through sweetwater.
    Please let me know how to register it so I can get the very cool discount you offer.

The registration link is in the manual:
    web page

If that fails (your browser needs to find an email program...) you can send your data by email or fax. Our adress and numbers are Here

Michiel Post

Go Back to forum