• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: You've GOT to be kidding? No manual or case with Kirk Hunter Solo Strings?

Share/Bookmark

You\'ve GOT to be kidding? No manual or case with Kirk Hunter Solo Strings?

This normal? Everyone else get no case, and no \'instruction booklet\' with Kirk Hunter stuff? I\'ve got libraries that cost considerly less than this that at LEAST had printed instruction manuals and a jewel case!

Devon

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: You\'ve GOT to be kidding? No manual or case with Kirk Hunter Solo Strings?

Ecologically friendly, though!!

What do you mean no case? Did you just open the box and there were a few CDs in it, that\'s all?

DevonB,

The \"Read Me\" files included on the DVD\'s explain all you need to know about each sound. A downloadable PDF file might have been a nice touch, however.

I for one, am amazed at the quanity of samples included at this price, not to mention the quality.

I\'d much rather have the sounds then a booklet telling me about them, but that\'s just me... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

THEY\'RE COMING, THEY\'RE COMING! It\'s all explained on the website thoroughly.

I\'d much rather have the sounds then a booklet telling me about them, but that\'s just me... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What the hell is that supposed to mean? Did he say he would rather have a booklet than the sounds or did he say it would be nice if they had included a booklet along with the sounds?

By your idiotic logic would you be just as happy if you spent 5k on VSL and all you got were some cds sent unprotected in the mail with a sticker on the front with your address on it?

If I were DevonB I\'d be very annoyed with you for posting something so incredibly stupid. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Originally posted by chocothrax:
    hehe Kirk, it\'s probably best to send the case at the same time as the cd! you stud!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I would have done that, but there were so many who wanted the library while it was still in beta. So I figured I was doing a favor to let people get it now, and then go to the added expense to later send the booklets out..

Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

I needed the material early so my film score could be completed. I am very greatful for what I have.

I don\'t believe people are complaining about this...thanks a lot guys!

Kirk, there are always whining ani (that\'s the plural...) in the world. Ignore \'em, there aren\'t enough to matter, and the quality of your product speaks for itself. Your real customers appreciate the option.

Docs are useful, but I was very happy to get the product in pieces, rather than wait 6 months for a complete set.

And he really needs some kind of box??? I keep my CD libs OUT of their boxes, in a set of tyvek envelopes in card file boxes; keeps them all together, and in alpha order.

Don\'t let the whiners get you down...

Dasher

I dunno, I bought KH Flutes and it arrived in a paper envelope, no manual, case, etc. It\'s not a big deal really.. it\'s the sounds I\'m after.

I can understand where DevonB is coming from though. We\'re used to buying products by Garritan, Project SAM, EastWest, etc., that come in a jewel case with some sort of booklet with documentation or a brief overview.

I imagine Kirk might be trying to keep his costs down, which is great.. because the lower the cost to the developer, the lower the price to us composers. Kirk, I send out my demo CDs in jewel cases.. check out http://www.cdroutlet.com - they have really great prices. 25 jewel cases for only $6..not bad at all. I even print up my own CD labels and booklet/inlay for the jewel case. Here\'s the result:

http://www.samhulick.com/demo_front.jpg
    http://www.samhulick.com/demo_inside.jpg

Go Back to forum