• Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: New site with free gigs

Share/Bookmark

Re: New site with free gigs

Great work Mats

Cheers

WOW!!!.. I get 230 kb/s from that site) Is mats on this forum? Will be really cool to try these sounds. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

/Tobias

gee!!! 340kb/sek.. this site is fast!!!

Tob,

You must be hogging all the bandwidth \'cause I\'m getting a really sluggish download!

I\'ll try later....the clarinet sounds pretty good, the piano sounds good as well and the drums sound pretty realistic, all this is based on the mp3 demos.

Originally posted by midphase:
    Tob,

You must be hogging all the bandwidth \'cause I\'m getting a really sluggish download!

I\'ll try later....the clarinet sounds pretty good, the piano sounds good as well and the drums sound pretty realistic, all this is based on the mp3 demos.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">He\'s on 10 mbit.. probably BredBandsBolaget here in Sweden since he\'s a swedish dude. Good for Scandinavians [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/Tobias

I am playing the piano right now.A very poppy Yamaha! And it\'s a freebie! You have to wonder what the developers that visit this site think about this.

Thanks Mats.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Btw, is there any way too make gig instruments out of soundfonts? Never used soundfonds before.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Hmm. I seem to already be a member of this forum... Oh well. Thanx for the criticism guys. I actually pitched these sample sets to different distributors, but none seemed overly interested, so I gave them out for free.

The grand piano is an early 90´s Yamaha CF-III, which I recorded with a pair of Neumann KM84´s in X/Y at a distance of about 75 cm above the keys. I´ll never use small diaphragm mics on piano again. The clarinet was recorded with a single Røde NT1000. Read the readme files for additional info.

Mats

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    [QB] Btw, is there any way too make gig instruments out of soundfonts? Never used soundfonds before.

Yes, there is a converter tool in Gigastudio´s editor. I have the clarinet in giga format too (for ****s and giggles), but in my opinion it´s best in the soundfont format. It just takes one minute for y\'all to convert anyway.

Mats

Alex,

1. Load up the editor
    2. Choose Open File
    3. In the \'open Instrument File\' dialog box change the \'files of type\' choice to soundfont.
    4. Navigate to the folder with the SF files
    5. Load it
    6. Save it to your .gigs directory

et viola!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast