• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Full Band--COMB 1

Share/Bookmark

Full Band--COMB 1

Hello again...
    Been looking through some places for things to keep the Summerfest going.

Here's an early attempt using the first version of COMB and Overture 4.

Again, if I were redoing this today, I'd do more with it, but to me, a great feature of Garritan libraries is that they can make a good sound with just a little effort.

I may revisit this, but my "real, live euphonium" schedule is so tight these days and my day job is going to be kicking into gear shortly, so I better practice

HOLST SECOND SUITE--FIRST MOVEMENT

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: Full Band--COMB 1

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Hello again...
    Been looking through some places for things to keep the Summerfest going.

Here's an early attempt using the first version of COMB and Overture 4.

Again, if I were redoing this today, I'd do more with it, but to me, a great feature of Garritan libraries is that they can make a good sound with just a little effort.

I may revisit this, but my "real, live euphonium" schedule is so tight these days and my day job is going to be kicking into gear shortly, so I better practice

HOLST SECOND SUITE--FIRST MOVEMENT

Snor
    A Snorlax double header! My my this sounds so nice - I was listening on headphones this morning, but just a few seconds in knew my wife would enjoy this too, so I put it on the speakers. My wife says, "Great! What a rousing but uplifting way to start the day!"

Just as you said on your other post this morning, these pieces you're re-posting really do amply demonstrate how great Garritan Libraries can sound without a tremendous, straining effort. I think you should still be very happy with this recording, indeed.

And Overture has come up on several posts recently, here and on the technical Forums. A lot of folks still use it, finding it fairly easy to use. Newcomers to GPO probably don't know that GPO1 originally shipped with Overture included, so users had a way to work with notation without having to buy a separate program. A light version of Cubase also came with GPO. I still have my boxed GPO with those two programs included.

EDIT: Meant to also say that this "e snips" site where the piece is posted looks great - fun animation display during the music. Cool.

Excellent stuff, Jim - Take a bow.

Randy

Hello again, Jim. Something very rare had happened today for me. I had commented on all but two of the posts on the front page of the listening room. I was wondering when something new would be posted, and was glad to see two from you! I really enjoy the few pieces of Holst I have heard, but haven't heard nearly enough of his music, so this is just great! Really nice concert band music here, also something I don't see much of on the forums, so thanks again for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Awesome, I played this piece back in high school and loved it. I love it just as much today. This sounds great!
    My Music - https://soundcloud.com/davidrhepworth-1
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Skippy

Hey, Snor! At least a few of us have been listening - see our posts? Kerbumping so maybe some more will be lucky enough to click and listen.

Randy

Randy,
    Yes, I have noticed the comments & appreciate all of them...I just didn't want to hog up the forum
    I figured I'd let some things come up to the top...

So to all--thanks for the kind words. In the future, I'll respond to each comment as long as it doesn't violate Listening Room Etiquette (LRE)

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Randy,
    Yes, I have noticed the comments & appreciate all of them...I just didn't want to hog up the forum
    I figured I'd let some things come up to the top...

So to all--thanks for the kind words. In the future, I'll respond to each comment as long as it doesn't violate Listening Room Etiquette (LRE)

Snor
    Cool, Jim - Just wasn't sure if you'd noticed all your admirers! Noooo danger of hogging the Forum - It's clipping along pretty nicely these days, and some things get swept away pretty fast! Doing my bit to keep stuff in the limelight where it belongs.

Etiquette schemtiquette - we're in the new age of the Garritan Forum where most anything goes, didn't ya know?!

Randy

Well I have to say that the COMB sounds really nice. You did such a great job on this. It brings back memories from WAY back playing in symphonic band with things like Sousa (I know your piece is not a march but has similar instrumentation). So thanks for posting.

The other other Jim

Jim,

A great job using COMB.

Thanks

brsmith
    www.brsmusic.net
    www.brsmusic.net

Thanks, Bruce--how ya doin?
    And Jim...thanks as well!

I just wish I had the time to REALLY get these pieces in shape...too busy actually playing the euphonium!
    Maybe when I become a person of leisure I can work more on them.

I continue to be amazed by what COMB and other Garritan libraries can do with a medium level of processing!

And I really had some fun putting this together--and I really learned the score, too!!

See ya around somewhere, Bruce...(For those that don't know, Bruce's home of Indianapolis is a northern suburb of my home, Franklin)

Jim
    PS--Jim S., some Sousa will be released within a week or so. Stay tuned...
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast