• Register
  • Help

Topic: Really oldie for the Festival

Share/Bookmark

Really oldie for the Festival

This was the first piece I ever wrote with samples - GPO2 I think. I thought I'd thrown it away, but have just discovered that my sister-in-law had it on her mobile phone, when my wife got the phone as a hand-me-down. The mix was never great, and Soundcloud's 'transcoding' has removed some more sparkle, but still a fun piece.

http://soundcloud.com/ziggy185/scherzo
    David

Re: Really oldie for the Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This was the first piece I ever wrote with samples - GPO2 I think. I thought I'd thrown it away, but have just discovered that my sister-in-law had it on her mobile phone, when my wife got the phone as a hand-me-down. The mix was never great, and Soundcloud's 'transcoding' has removed some more sparkle, but still a fun piece.

http://soundcloud.com/ziggy185/scherzo
    David! Pingu! Now this really is a rare event to have you make an appearance here in The Listening Room - Fantastic! The Listening Room Summer Festival really is bringing out the membership - We've had posts from all sorts of people who haven't posted in a long time, and now you're added to that growing, gleaming list - Thank You!

This music is so great - I've never heard this before. It's Juuuuuicy!--- oh my, at Soundcloud you have the note "a quick sketch done with GPO."--QUICK SKETCH??? What the...?--- Something as complex as this would take me weeks on end to put together - whoooosh!

I really hope the membership finds this post, especially the new folks who've never had the chance to hear music from you, Et Lux, Snorlax et al - Your "Scherzo Variations" is the type of post that amply demonstrates the kind of talent to be found in the Garritan community.

And that's an amazing story about losing track of the recording, then finding it on the hand-me-down phone! I can't get over that - What ever possessed you to toss this in the first place? Yikes! -- You have to be glad that it's come back to you intact.

Big round of applause - thank you so much for this.

Randy

Cool piece, full of life and energy. Nice job
    My Music - https://soundcloud.com/davidrhepworth-1
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Skippy

Hi, Pingu!!

Nice to see you back here...and of course, nice to hear your fertile imagination at work!!

Images of Halloween are flying around in my head!!

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Okay, so this is incredible. You've crammed more music into just under 3 minutes than I could possibly have imagined. There is so much going on in this piece from start to finish, it just never lets up! I was gripped from the start, the orchestration on this is just profound.

Very glad you managed to find this again, it was, indeed, a great listen! Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Wow. such fluid movement and nice composition and sound. Really neat. You have a real flare for this kind of music. Please do more of it when you can!!!!!!.

Jim

This is a nice piece!! Lesson: "never throw your old phones away".

... and now for a Pingu ringtone, please

Raymond

Go Back to forum