• Register
  • Help

Topic: will this forum be getting a dedicated GCPO thread?

Share/Bookmark
    Banned

will this forum be getting a dedicated GCPO thread?

It might be useful before we get too far down the road

Re: will this forum be getting a dedicated GCPO thread?

Quote Originally Posted by passagio View Post
    It might be useful before we get too far down the road
    Hi, Passagio

I think maybe you mean a sub-Forum dedicated to Pipe Organs, like the ones set up for JABB and Authorized Steinway?

I can see where that would seem the thing to do, since Forum pages were set up in the past after new Libraries were released. Seems good in theory at least.

However, those Forums weren't ever visited all that frequenty, and now have really gathered cobwebs. They're still open, and I take a periodic look, since once in awhile someone will post a question on one of those pages. I've taken to inviting them to re-post their threads here in General Discussion, because this really is the hub of the Garritan Forums. Most members are visiting this page, General Discussion, and not going to the other pages. The Listening Room is probably the second most visited page, but of course that's dedicated to membership music, not discussions on other topics.

I'm doubting that a new page would attract that many visitors, based on the way things have worked in the past.

You've probably noticed that there isn't as much maintenence done here anymore, and we're all pretty much on our own. Some of us have this honorary "moderator" tag on our name, but we're not able to do any editing on the Forum - we certainly can't set up whole new sections to the Forum. Of course a new page could be requested - But, my thought is that to have Pipe Organ threads right here in General Discussion really could work best. More people will see the threads and join in the discussions.

What do the rest of you think?

Randy

Banned

Re: will this forum be getting a dedicated GCPO thread?

I've learned a lot in this forum, so i would hope with this exciting product, it will come back.

i hope the next feature added to GCPO will be pistons (maybe not for baroque and renaissance, though )

Go Back to forum