• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Magical Journey

A Magical Journey

I know this piece isn't very old, but I wanted to contribute to the festival, and I think this is one of my better works.
    This piece describes my experiences in Disneyland. Hope you all enjoy.
    My Music - https://soundcloud.com/davidrhepworth-1
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Skippy

Re: A Magical Journey

Hi, David - I remember well the first time I heard this a couple of months ago. Enjoyed the journey then, and enjoyed it again just now. It's a fairly complex, and very detailed composition, obviously composed with a lot of affection for the subject matter that inspired it.

Looking back at the first thread, it jogged my memory about the hand held camera pointed at your monitor that you had accompanying the music last time. I still encourage you to look into some screen capture programs, you'd have fun with them. Getting some Disney visuals to go with this - wouldn't that be something!

Thanks for the Festival contribution, David!

Very nice piece!
    Being a player of a generally non-orchestral instrument, I am also hearing a version of this for wind ensemble.

Very tuneful and well constructed--it's nice when art and craft combine!

Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Hello David!

There is some really great music I have never had the chance to hear on the listening room today! This is a great musical journey. The reverb on this is just perfect. The majestic portions come through with just the right amount of majesty, the serene moments come through with just the right amount of serenity. The jovial moments come through with just the right amount of joviality... I could go on...

You really have a great piece of work here, I am very glad I had the chance to listen to it! Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Wow! That is some fantastic work David - I'm officially jealous of both your compositional ability and your ability with GPO.

Thank you all for the kind words. I had some wonderful experiences traveling to Disneyland in high school, and I wanted to capture the magic, fear, and love I felt while there. I'm blessed to be able to share this music with all of you. Thanks for listening!

For anyone interested, this piece was written and recorded in Finale 2011 using Garritan samples exclusively.
    My Music - https://soundcloud.com/davidrhepworth-1
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Skippy

Go Back to forum