• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO 4 compatibility with Wind Contollers

Share/Bookmark

GPO 4 compatibility with Wind Contollers

Hello,

I have an Akai EWI USB that came with Garritan Aria software. I've been listening to the GPO 4 demos and would like to purchase the GPO 4 software. The Aria software that came with the EWI works wonderfully with the EWI wind controller. My question is does the GPO 4 software have the same compatibility with wind controllers (specifically the EWI) as the Aria software that came with the EWI USB?

Thanks,
    Phil

Re: GPO 4 compatibility with Wind Contollers

I have the same AKAI and Garritan samples that come with it. I also have GPO4 as well as JaBB. They all work beautifully with the EWI. The settings on the EWI setup are slightly different for GPO4 and JaBB than they are for the AKAI sample set. If you get to that point of having GPO4, I would be glad to give you the setting that I use.

Good Luck and enjoy the EWI!!!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I have the same AKAI and Garritan samples that come with it. I also have GPO4 as well as JaBB. They all work beautifully with the EWI. The settings on the EWI setup are slightly different for GPO4 and JaBB than they are for the AKAI sample set. If you get to that point of having GPO4, I would be glad to give you the setting that I use.

Thank you friend

I have the same experience as Rich. It is really great to have, and I can play many things into SONAR faster than I can enter them. By changing the assignments of the controllers, you get different benefits for each of the libraries.

There are plenty of people here who can give you some good pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    I have the same experience as Rich. It is really great to have, and I can play many things into SONAR faster than I can enter them. By changing the assignments of the controllers, you get different benefits for each of the libraries.

There are plenty of people here who can give you some good pointers.

Sounds great! Thank you!

Well I finally purchased GPO4! I am very excited to start using it with my EWI-USB controller - any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Phil

Rich,

Should I PM you for the EWI settings? Thanks for your help!

-Phil

Sorry, I have been pre-occupied and forgot your message. here are my setting on the ARIA EWI stand alone player which supposedly sets the EWI for use in any DAW and in Finale.

Under "Setup Controls" -

Breath Gain = 53
    Bite Gain = 48
    Bite AC Gain = 73
    Pitch Bend Gain = 52
    Key Delay = 5

Under "Performance Controls"

MIDI Channel = 1
    Transpose = 0=C (no transposition, however I change that if I am reading a part or if I am reading in concert key)
    Fingering - Saxophone (though I notice the EWI wants to use EWI fingerings and I don't seem to get Sax fingerings)

Under "Controller Config."

Breath CC! = 1 Modulation Wheel (coarse)
    Breath CC2 = 11 Expression (coarse)
    Bite CC1 = 127 Pitchbend down-up
    Bite CC2 = OFF
    Velocity = Dynamic
    Pitchbend UP control = Pitchbend UP
    Pitchbend Down control = Pitchbend DOWN

I hope this is what you are referring to. I have experimented with these and sometimes fool around with them (at least the Setup Controls) I have read some stuf about the Controller Config. and there are different settings you can use there but these seem to work well for me.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Sorry, I have been pre-occupied and forgot your message. here are my setting on the ARIA EWI stand alone player which supposedly sets the EWI for use in any DAW and in Finale.

Under "Setup Controls" -

Breath Gain = 53
    Bite Gain = 48
    Bite AC Gain = 73
    Pitch Bend Gain = 52
    Key Delay = 5

Under "Performance Controls"

MIDI Channel = 1
    Transpose = 0=C (no transposition, however I change that if I am reading a part or if I am reading in concert key)
    Fingering - Saxophone (though I notice the EWI wants to use EWI fingerings and I don't seem to get Sax fingerings)

Bite CC1 = 127 Pitchbend down-up
    Bite CC2 = OFF
    Velocity = Dynamic
    Pitchbend UP control = Pitchbend UP
    Pitchbend Down control = Pitchbend DOWN

I hope this is what you are referring to. I have experimented with these and sometimes fool around with them (at least the Setup Controls) I have read some stuf about the Controller Config. and there are different settings you can use there but these seem to work well for me.

Wow Rich! I'm very grateful for your help!

Thanks,
    -Phil

Rich,

What effect are you expecting from the CC2 Expression setting? I don't seem to understand what that does?

thanks,
    Phil

Go Back to forum